IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading down to the Bay on Saturday. Can anyone give some advice on the hot lures in the upper end of the bay? Its been awhile since I have fished Tillamook, any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Good Luck with this one. I'd guess size 7 spinners is about the best responce you're get. I'd probabaly start with Rainbow blades on green and red beads. Especially if its cloudy and expirement with some metalics when the sun comes out. This has always worked in the past for me. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

Now that'll scare the fish. :shocked: The poor fella wants to catch fish with spinners, not spook them.

Yikes, throw it back, throw it back!

SKP

G

·
He needs to read closely then. :wink:

You throw it back. :hoboy: :grin:

[ 10-24-2003, 03:21 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
938 Posts
BT Thumpers have been very productive for me. Red/White and Green Tip Rainbow. Try um, you'll like um!

·
Registered
289 Posts
I will be there on Saturday. Say hi Can't miss the yellow northriver. Set up like this three way swivel 10 to 12 inch dropper, leader no longer than 5ft (to long you will snag up) keep the dropper just of the bottom some where between 15 to 20 pulls. Cascade or one of Get Bents Blades. Colors that is a good ? I have had good luck on the Mexican flag, red/white, red/brass/red, red/brass/green..... I think it is more on getting it in their face and the right THUMP. Hang on to your rod so you can feel the blade thumping if it STOPS set the hook. Watch the Guides and check their speed...Hope this helps

·
Registered
3,604 Posts

It would be like draggin' an elk 3 miles to your car, uh, uphill! :grin:

Here fishy fishy.

SKP

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
I can attest to what ****** is telling you!! Between my husband and myself, have hooked 4(one foul hooked, but still was after it) salmon on one of Get Bent's fine spinners in the brass with orange tip and fl. red beads last weekend!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
The one the fish bites on! :grin: Sorry, couldn't resist.

I caught a 42 pounder this fall on a small #4 hammered nickle tear drop shaped blade, and 3 green beads and a treble with green tubing between treble and beads, and DON'T FORGET Marie's sticky shrimp or salmon feast scent on it!!! It worked for me. Marie is an ifish sponsor, so here is the website:

www.tillamookbait.com

Seriously, I've done great this fall, and the only thing I've done differently then in the past is started using Marie's sticky scents. If that's not the difference, at least I know the fish are not spooked by the scents, so it CAN NOT hurt to add some. It works. I have no association with Marie or Tillamook Bait Company, other than I'm a new happy customer this fall!!!

SKP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts