IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to upgrade my electronics on my boat. I fish shore bottom fish, halibut, and occasionally tuna. Wondering what are the best Garmin fish finder I should looks at. My brother works for Garmin and I get a really good discount. Imput in valued.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
gpsmap86**xsv replace the stars with the screen size you want.

ronogg (smells like fish)

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
This transducer

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
What ronogg said above, didn't get any better than that combo.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
+1 on the GPS Map from Garmin. . .I have the 76xx (prior generation) and it's been great. I have that GT51-M, and it's pretty good, but an upgrade would be a good 1kw ducer, like an airmar 175-HW thru hull. Not a Garmin product, but I don't think Garmin can touch that thing. And since you get a discount, consider the Panoptix, and see if there's an application for what you do, it's a completely different kind of transducer, and is teaching me a lot about how fish react to my stuff,
fb

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
You could get this using your brother's discount. I actually run this and a gt51-tm.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
And since you get a discount, consider the Panoptix, and see if there's an application for what you do, it's a completely different kind of transducer, and is teaching me a lot about how fish react to my stuff,
fb
I have a friend that works for Garmin. I put panoptix livescope on my boat because it was 45% off. It is really cool even in the ocean. You can watch the salmon swimming after your lure/flasher. It is crazy how many of them are there compared to how many actually bite.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have a friend that works for Garmin. I put panoptix livescope on my boat because it was 45% off. It is really cool even in the ocean. You can watch the salmon swimming after your lure/flasher. It is crazy how many of them are there compared to how many actually bite.

Ha, no doubt, it can be the most demoralizing thing in the world seeing how often your stuff gets refused down there. But once in awhile something unbelievably cool happens, and you'd never know it if you didn't have that thing down there. I have mine mounted so I can see stuff coming in front of the boat as I'm on the troll, and adjust rigger depth accordingly before I get there. . .and I can see my terminal behind me for the most part too.
fb

·
Registered
10,725 Posts
I just ordered the 963sv, great little unit for the money..

Really wanted the 12, just couldn't justify it

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For the price Echomap 73sv UHD. For $150 more get the 93sv when they are on sale. Part of me wishes I would have bought the 93sv when looking at that side scan screen.

Capture.PNG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts