IFish Fishing Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 2981 Posts

· Registered
8,041 Posts
Made an appetizer for last nights get together. Smoked salmon spread, cream cheese and fillet. Always wanted to smoke cream cheese as it looks so good. Not bad. Needed more sweet on top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice combo plate! I like brown sugar cayenne and paprika on the smoked cream cheese, and you really can't smoke it too hot or long. 250 for 2-3 hours is great.

· Registered
9,593 Posts
Never tried baking them in oven before... How hot/long do you set it for, or do you just keep opening the door to check until they're steaming from within and open up?
we like to set the oysters on a bed of salt and bake until the shell opens. I then pull off the top shell. Be sure to set the oyster cup side down level in the salt in order to preserve the liquid. After open i load the oyster with a mix of butter, harbenero cheese, parsley, and light sprinkle of crushed fried onion crisps. Once loaded bake until the cheese melts and you see the oyster liquid boiling. Oh yeah i do this on the pellet grill.

· Registered
346 Posts
Never tried baking them in oven before... How hot/long do you set it for, or do you just keep opening the door to check until they're steaming from within and open up?
First time for me as well, didn't want to bbq them in the rain. I put some water in the bottom of the pan, 450 degrees for 10 minutes or so and waited for them to pop open. They turned out perfect.

2921 - 2940 of 2981 Posts