IFish Fishing Forum banner
2401 - 2420 of 2437 Posts

·
Registered
17,318 Posts
Oregon classic - Netarts oysters on the half shell followed by pheasant pot pie.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Lemon garlic butter baked rockfish with grilled asparagus and jasmine rice. I forgot a pic. But this is a great way to cook rockfish, I get tired of Breaded fish sometimes. Felt "classy" hahaha.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Ooo...how was it? I think I remember you mentioning a friend brought back some gator? Only place i've seen it is barber world foods.
You mean.. Barbur Blvd... That's corner of Barbur and I-5 / ... Capital Highway and ... the Tri-MET station...

Back in the day... the best Jo-Jo's in the region... (period)

Secret... Dill in the recipe! + Hidden Valley ranch dressing...

(I lived across the street)

It isn't known as that now! (Capital Highway, currently)

Only a Barbur dude would know that word, "Barbur!"

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
You mean.. Barbur Blvd... That's corner of Barbur and I-5 / ... Capital Highway and ... the Tri-MET station...

Back in the day... the best Jo-Jo's in the region... (period)

Secret... Dill in the recipe! + Hidden Valley ranch dressing...

(I lived across the street)

It isn't known as that now! (Capital Highway, currently)

Only a Barbur dude would know that word, "Barbur!"
Jo--Jo's are twice baked w/ 'spice' added...
#1 = baked, cut...
#2 = deep fried ('insert your 'spice' here w/ coating...)

Recommendations: dill, oregano, basil, cumin, ... (etc)...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Jo--Jo's are twice baked w/ 'spice' added...
#1 = baked, cut...
#2 = deep fried ('insert your 'spice' here w/ coating...)

Recommendations: dill, oregano, basil, cumin, ... (etc)...
Fryer Tuck on Capital ..... Hands Down the best JoJo's
Broasted

I drive from N Vancouver into the hell hole of Portland
a couple times a year just for those and their Gizzards and Chicken,

·
Registered
861 Posts
Smoked razor clam dip.
take 20 or 30 diggers, put 'em in a stainless steel bowl, toss a fat teaspoon of salt on them mix well, let sit for an hour. put them on a sheet of parchment paper, pat dry with a parer towel. Let sit until a skin forms, put in the little chief with one pan of chips, ( alder or apple) smoke for 90 minutes.
take 8 oz. of cream cheese,
1/4 cup or finely chopped sweet onion or shallot
glorg of worechestershire sauce glug or two of your sauce of choice, Tapitio, Choula, or Valintino are the ones I reach for, Frank's would be good too.
might want to add a squirt of lemon juice or lime juice.

mix well, add sour cream to whatever your desired consistancy might be.

mince the smoked diggers in the food processor
add to the above
stir it all up, eat with your chip of choice
wash down with your adult beverage of choice

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
Had some good food this last week in Florida but it's nice to be home and making some basics like salmon and rice. Used CCW's lemon ginger tea in the rice cooker, added a couple eggs to hardboil, pan seared a coho tail and then topped with cream cheese and dill to oven finish with some veggies. 10 minutes tops and would have been a $100 meal in Florida for us.
Food Egg white Egg yolk Egg Ingredient

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
ODFW leaving cabezon retention open created an opening, so we grabbed that ring and are trying something new for Thanksgiving: a halingezon. A cabbie, inside a big ling, inside a halibut.

I’ll update with results.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I do not recommend making a halingezon.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Had some good food this last week in Florida but it's nice to be home and making some basics like salmon and rice. Used CCW's lemon ginger tea in the rice cooker, added a couple eggs to hardboil, pan seared a coho tail and then topped with cream cheese and dill to oven finish with some veggies. 10 minutes tops and would have been a $100 meal in Florida for us. View attachment 968076
It’s nice to be able to enjoy great PNW fresh cuisine as often as we do. Traveling reinforces this notion. What a great place to live.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Between the seafood and whacking a blacktail or two every year and our garden, we are living like royalty.

My youngest daughter wants to try squirrel, and the big greys are fat this year from all the acorns. Might have to find my inner hillbilly. Supposed to be really good.

2401 - 2420 of 2437 Posts