IFish Fishing Forum banner
2361 - 2380 of 2437 Posts

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
How did you prepare the oysters?
How did you prepare the oysters?

Pretty basic......I bought fresh jarred oysters (they've been tough to find).... prepare by rolling in flour with your choice of seasoning, then dredge in a scrambled egg, then roll in Panko. Fry till golden brown.... 😋

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
‘Would you mind sharing the recipe?
Not really sure on exacts...I just go by memory anymore of what ingredients are needed and mix it up.

Cut meat into thin strips...dredge in corn starch and flash fry until crispy on outside and then let rest on paper towel...leave a small amount of oil in the pan and add crushed/thin sliced garlic and ginger as well as chopped scallion. Now would be the time to add any vegetables you want... Add sauce and thicken to your liking...throw in the meat and get it coated...add noodles or eat with rice.

For the sauce...Mix this all together

1. Mirin (Japanese white wine)
2. Hoisen sauce
3. Oyster sauce
4. Pepper/Garlic Powder
5. Corn Syrup (Gives it that shine)
6. Brown Sugar
7. Soy Sauce
8. Crushed up chili sauce/paste
9. Sesame oil
10. Scallion chopped up

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Not really sure on exacts...I just go by memory anymore of what ingredients are needed and mix it up.

Cut meat into thin strips...dredge in corn starch and flash fry until crispy on outside and then let rest on paper towel...leave a small amount of oil in the pan and add crushed/thin sliced garlic and ginger as well as chopped scallion. Now would be the time to add any vegetables you want... Add sauce and thicken to your liking...throw in the meat and get it coated...add noodles or eat with rice.

For the sauce...Mix this all together

1. Mirin (Japanese white wine)
2. Hoisen sauce
3. Oyster sauce
4. Pepper/Garlic Powder
5. Corn Syrup (Gives it that shine)
6. Brown Sugar
7. Soy Sauce
8. Crushed up chili sauce/paste
9. Sesame oil
10. Scallion chopped up
Oh man, that sounds great, but my internist would have a fit if he knew I was eating that!

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I should have taken pics of our dinner Saturday night at a little restaurant in Dundee called Tina's....expensive, but well worth it. I had a rack of lamb and the misses had Shrimp Risotto.

Tried cooking pork belly chinese style for the first time last night...no pics as it was that good!

Saved the other half of the belly to make homemade ramen later this week.

2361 - 2380 of 2437 Posts