IFish Fishing Forum banner
2041 - 2060 of 2086 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Caught a couple resident coho yesterday up in Puget sound. Had another on this morning but it shook me. Woke up late, probably missed the bite. Pressure is non existent on the beach right now, other than a family a five that is out fishing for flounders and dabs. Good times.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Finally got around to grinding up the non-choice birds from last waterfowl season to make some waterfowl sausage. After the long day of making sausage I treated myself to some fried gizzards and chicken feet!
Chicken feet!!??
We use ours for amazing Chicken stock. Never considered this. Should I? This batch of Cornish cross is going to freezer camp this week.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Chicken feet!!??
We use ours for amazing Chicken stock. Never considered this. Should I? This batch of Cornish cross is going to freezer camp this week.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
I'd say so! I rinsed/soaked in water first, cut the nails off, boiled, and then battered/fryed.

Not much to them...sure goes well with a beer and your favorite dipping sauce, though. Even got the misses to try 1 bite lol. The way I like to do it is to pull off each main toe joint, nibble around that, and then go for the pad. Has the most meat or whatever you want to call it lol...

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Chicken feet are great snacks. You can find them in some of the Hispanic or Asian markets around the area if your neighbor doesn't have chickens.

However ......Don't confuse "Chicken Feet" with "Chicken Foot"

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Last night was Tacos....

We had some leftover baked chicken that we mixed in some veggies and fajita spices...added a homemade sauce...amazing.

Had a beef tongue in the fridge that needed to be cooked as well that I bought at a butcher shop...probably the toughest tongue I have had...worked in a taco, though!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Dinner for 2 served family style
Homemade poke, rice , seaweed salad , shrimp & pork shumai, scallops, spring roll, and the fins from fresh coho.
Great meal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Prepared the last three duck from my freezer. Two Mallards and a Sprig.
I debone and marinate with "Chakka MMM" as the base, grill medium rare under high heat, served with wild rice, asparagus, and some homemade Zinfandel.
Tomorrow fresh rock fish tacos.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Looks great! You make the shumai?
I did not. My wife brought them home from someplace? I have researched how to make them using wonton wrappers but its a high labor process to make a few. Need to do it when Im ready to knock out 5 dozen or so.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Some great fresh eats out there. Still some hard crab but most are molting. Love the fin meat Pearl, friend look at me funny when I leave them on my fillets but as good as the collar chunk. Eating fresh everything but tuna from this last weekend. And some ho ho ho with a bottle of rum for dinner tonight. Fins included on this slab.

2041 - 2060 of 2086 Posts