·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,021 ·
Same lunch to days in a row antelope backstrap in my ear of corn Yum

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Smoked Dungeness, if you havent tried it you are missing out, frest hot bread with olives in it and coleslaw with nuts and cherries in it!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Last night was fresh blackened black rock fish street tacos...The misses made some really good cucumber dill salad. Quite refreshing with this heat.
Care to share the recipe for cucumber dill salad? Looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
great thread.. making me hungry. Does anyone have a good smoked salmon spread recipe? I have always used the one from Skipanon Seafood web site, but am looking to diversify..
8 oz cream cheese
Salmon
Capers to taste
2 tbsp green onion
1.5 tsp dill
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
A few sprinkles of wash yer sister sauce
A little franks or tobasco or cholula
A dash of fresh lemon juice

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Smoked Dungeness, if you havent tried it you are missing out, frest hot bread with olives in it and coleslaw with nuts and cherries in it!!!
Would love to hear more about smoked dungeness

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Is that one of those battery warmer deals?
Yes, works great. Cig lighter plug in. Really does get to 300 degrees. Jen precooked the meatloaves so the veggies wouldn't overcook with this meal. We've made lasagna, enchiladas etc in it and they cook in less than an hour usually. Gotta squish 3 small loaf pans to fit but on regular size loaf pan is perfect.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yes, works great. Cig lighter plug in. Really does get to 300 degrees. Jen precooked the meatloaves so the veggies wouldn't overcook with this meal. We've made lasagna, enchiladas etc in it and they cook in less than an hour usually. Gotta squish 3 small loaf pans to fit but on regular size loaf pan is perfect.
Where does one buy one of these, a hot meal on a boat sounds amazing. I Usually bring my Colman stove and cook stuff up when I’m out there but sometimes it’s a bit too much effort

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Where does one buy one of these, a hot meal on a boat sounds amazing. I Usually bring my Colman stove and cook stuff up when I’m out there but sometimes it’s a bit too much effort
Yes Joe.
Please share. I need one of these during duck season. Warm bowl of chowder when it’s 20 and blowing would be fantastic.

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
I got this one off Amazon, another ifisher posted about them awhile back. You can find them in most truck stops also if online isn't your gig, they use them on the road a lot.

Throw in some brats with beer, put a piece of foil over it and put buns on top to steam. About the easiest good hot meal I've had on the water.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I got this one off Amazon, another ifisher posted about them awhile back. You can find them in most truck stops also if online isn't your gig, they use them on the road a lot.

Throw in some brats with beer, put a piece of foil over it and put buns on top to steam. About the easiest good hot meal I've had on the water.
I'll have to look into those. I've always filled a large thermos with hot beer, and thrown the brats into it. They are done (and smoking hot) when I'm finally ready for them.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
I'll have to look into those. I've always filled a large thermos with hot beer, and thrown the brats into it. They are done (and smoking hot) when I'm finally ready for them.
Redneck Sous Vide (y)

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Fresh ocean coho, tortellini with snap peas, salad and a side of dirt racin .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
EBDF9AC9-D1E7-42B8-94BB-88C4DC6C92C2.jpeg

Freezer was short on elk and antelope. Found a good deal on New York’s at Fredy’s. Double sear, pre and post BBQ with sautéed onions and garlic. All the greens are from the wife’s garden minus the avocado.

2021 - 2040 of 2086 Posts