IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought we'd give the Washougal area a shot this morning. Here's #1

And if this one wasn't nice enough..lookie what #2 looked like.....

Regardless of the fin...there was alot of excitement for John..the guy in the middle. Biggest fish he's ever landed...I'd have given it close to 40. Man...they sure are pretty fish.

Mark

[ 07-12-2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yeah...forgot to mention..these were hooked with no scent whatsoever, and after splitting a loaf of banana bread (yes..that's banana bread)
amongst us.

Spinners.

Mark

[ 07-12-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: FishinMission ]

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hog...ya just gotta stick with what works for ya...scent or no scent.

I'm lucky...I don't have all my dollars tied up in stinky, messy, goey stuff. EEEEwwww.

It slowed up pretty much after 10 a.m. Around two it started getting pretty windy...so we punched out.

Mark

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
In the last week I've tried different scents (proven ones) and at least 80% if not more have been on spinners with no scent.

Location, persistance and presentation are bigger factors in the long run....

·
Registered
534 Posts
Man I knew I should of stopped by to ask you how you did I drove by you when you were straping down your boat. Going to introduce myself to ya but ramp was little buzy for small talk. Know a couple of guys that you have associated with in the past and they have talked about afew times. Hint: Produce one in Hillsboro and one in the 'couve.

·
Administrator
41,360 Posts
Nice wild fish.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hooksetter...I think one of them guys forewarned me about you. :wink: Yeah...the ramp was busy...we got out just in time. Stupid stuff happening there...

Uh huh..."takin out" I think is the worst part of the whole fishing experience...for numerous reasons.

Mark

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Location, persistance and presentation are bigger factors in the long run....
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">You pretty much nailed it Dave in your first three words....

Amen

Mark

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Fished just abive you guys went 3 for 5 with 1 native 30 pluse released. Just used sardeen oil on spinners. 16 feet of water 7 boats 8 fish kept5 released for the line.

Norm

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Hey Mark, great looking Salmonoids :wink: Notice the native...that look in it's eye :shocked: What am i doing way up here :shrug: :tongue: sorry Mr. Mission...but if i give the Orangemen the business...I have to give it to everyone :grin: Great looking fish :bowdown: I waved at you Thursday as you were coming in...Did you do any good??

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Hey Mark, Did that big fish have anything in it's mouth? Like, maybe, my lure, and spreader?

I lost a huge one this morning, around 8:55 a.m., just down stream from you guys. I say it was the driver of the boat that made me loose the fish, but Pete wont go for that. I was with Walt and STZII. That was the only fish we hit today.

Last week I walked a lure back into a fishes mouth, just as we put out. Than around 2:30 I hit a nice 14lb clipped fish.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,255 Posts
You know, them wild ones are so much better looking in the water. Really. :smile:

·
Registered
228 Posts
What!! No one noticed the eyes on that nate looking down with a stiff body, but not bloody. Shame shame shame.

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Nice fish Mark :cheers:

Hey it was the biggest fish his friend has ever caught dont you think he may want a picture of it :whazzup: Petty obvious the fish is in good shape, no blood at all. If you dont want to read his post then please dont but a lot of people like to see the pics

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
bigfish, I think we all came to the conclusion that if the fish is looking down..it's still alive :rolleyes: Or for the time being... :tongue: Wooden Nickel...I LOVE to see fish pics...but... "Like Whatever" :tongue: It is good practice to leave those non-hatchery noids to be kept in the water...I know everyone has heard it a thousand times...but :hoboy: I looked at the post not knowing there was illegal contraband being forced apon us :laugh: Keep it reel :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

G

·
Originally posted by fishchaser:
Hey Mark, Did that big fish have anything in it's mouth? Like, maybe, my lure, and spreader?

I lost a huge one this morning, around 8:55 a.m., just down stream from you guys. I say it was the driver of the boat that made me loose the fish, but Pete wont go for that. I was with Walt and STZII. That was the only fish we hit today.

Last week I walked a lure back into a fishes mouth, just as we put out. Than around 2:30 I hit a nice 14lb clipped fish.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">That is a bummer that you lost that lure Tracey :depressed: That was a fish catcher for sure and I've search all over the place to find one without success....double :depressed:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts