IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Killed my last elk in 1975, so I feel I am due. Saturday morning while watching a hunter across the canyon, he kills two bull elk. We later hear there are three hunters in his party, but does that make it legal for him to shot more than one bull? Would like some input, as this story will continue with more detail. :mad:

· Registered
8,677 Posts
This Is exactly what I cant stand about party hunting. I would have turned him in so fast his head would spin. Id of turned him in even if it were a family member. Its wrong. He stole a bull from all of us. mostly you. Its a good thing I wasn't there. He is not a hunter!! Just another poacher. God I am mad now!!

· Registered
4,385 Posts
Clearly illegal and is on par with poaching. There is no party hunting in Oregon and he intentionally harvested two elk. It’s a pretty clear case. If you have any physical evidence I’d turn them in. If it just boils down to your word verses theirs I’m afraid we’re out of luck. Bad deal.

· Registered
12,972 Posts
I believe "party hunting".....Poaching, is the #1 problem our big game face. Cougars, logging, habitat......IMHO don't hpld a candle to the amout of game taken ILLEGALLY!!! :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy:

Now I'm mad too!!! :smash:

It happened to me a few years back abouve McMinnville. A guy, who didn't know I was there, killed an Elk and put his wifes tag on it. I was tracking the Elk in 1" of fresh snow, he was MINE!!!! This POACHER shot it, had his wife tag it, then got it out. When I drove past their rig OSP was questioning them. I didn't "witness" the shot so I didn't feel I KNEW it was poached, but I could see his wife at the time of the shot and she a LONG way away. I talked to the cop later, he said they had their "story" straight. He knew it was poached, I knew it was poached, but there was no proof..............I wonder how many people who whine about cougars, party poach!!?

Rant over. :lurk:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.