IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm all primed to head out of St. Helens this morning in the new boat. Got it all loaded and rigged, safety gear, etc. Making some last checks....and realize that I never got copies of all the title/licensing paperwork!! It was title through the C/U, and somehow, I didn't get anything.

I've got my insurance papers, a signed copy of our purchase contract, and a check stub, all with the correct serial/hull numbers on them. Should I risk it? I'm going to be out of town for the next week...so today is the only day I can get on the water!!!

TR

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You should have gotten at least a Temp. 'tag' to carry until all the paper work comes through.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Rogue, I did back in june with my new boat. as long as u have the contract on board. It's my understanding you have 15 days to get everything done as far as the licensing goes.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nancy....the builder didn't do the titling/licensing, that's up to me and my bank...and I picked up the boat at 11 PM on Friday night.....

TR

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know what I would do. I would take the small risk and go and not worry about being checked. I doubt that anyone will even check you and if they do, what you have will probably do for the short term. Enjoy your trip. Propwash

[ 09-14-2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: Propwash ]

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
You'll be fine. First of all, when have any of us ever been checked for this? Second, I had a new drift boat a couple of years ago that I dawdled in getting the trailer licensed for almost 6 months. I got stopped once, got a warning.

I don't think this is a high enforcement priority.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I've got a great idea on what to do on the maiden voyage. Why don't you go fishing :wink:

·
Registered
7,043 Posts
I wouldn't give it a second thought while on the water. If you don't have numbers on the hull yet, you might get a second glance from the boat cops, but if the boat looks new they probably won't bother you. The contract should be enough for now. Seems like it's plenty of proof you didn't steal it.
A Columbia County sheriff's deputy told me that he'd never heard of anybody being cited for not carrying the little registration card. He was far more concerned about safety regs than anything else.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
TheRogue, When i picked up my new ride they gave me a temp reg for the trailer to keep in my truck and a temp for the boat that goes in the glove box. I put my plug in at the dealership.. and have checked it bout 5 times :shocked: I wouldn't sweat it...they won't bother you.

MrDorkfish

Louis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts