IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
I went this last week at Kozy Kove and from what I've seen the bite has been kinda slow. Few fish taken for the number of boats out there. I heard the guides complaining about the bite.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
We went with a guide last Saturday, fished tidewater with bobber and eggs/shrimp. Very slow. The water temp was 65 degrees. There was a red/brown algae bloom that cut visibility way down.

We began at dawn and had the first bobber down about 2 hours later, but no connect. Caught first salmon about 9 a.m., after low slack. Got another in mid-morning. Last fish was at 2 p.m. at high slack.

Four take downs for four rods in nearly 8 hours.

We did see a few caught by the trollers.

·
Registered
857 Posts
I was there last Saturday and would echo the comments above. Lots of boats/fisherman, very few fish caught. Lots of fish in the river.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Fished the Alsea Fri. a.m. from drift ck. up to the dairy barn. One hit and run, saw two fish caught that were very nice and bright. Plenty 'o seals in the area.

Pulled out around noon and headed up to the Yaquina. Put in at toledo and popped one just below the ramp, had the lines in for about 2 minutes. That was it for us. Trolled plug cut herring behind chartruese/gold spinner blade did the trick.

Parking was at a premium, will put in at S. beach next time and run up.

Tight lines all

TM

·
Registered
751 Posts
TillamookChinook, could you email me the name of the guide you fished with? I need one for over there..............Thanks man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts