IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
err,,,hate to be the one to tell you this, but check the spelling and rerun the search....Cuz I know Paulina is in many threads :tongue:

There is lot's of data, for brown big plugs; rapalas, ACs, etc... you can flat line them back 100+ feet or drag them down. Local preference for depth is 40 ish during the twilight hours.

then there is kokes when you get tired of chasing those browns :mad: , all the browns we got were small, I was at least hoping for some mid size fish.

gus

·
Registered
215 Posts
A couple of years ago my family and I were there and I planned to fish early in the morning by myself for big browns, the first morning I got up and my oldest son then 11 woke up and wanted to go, then my youngest wakes up and wants to go, he was 9 then, so there I am at 4:45 AM with two young boys getting ready to go fishing, well we get in the boat and I had my rod rigged but nothing else for browns,I put it out an start trowling and the boys want to fish so I am rigging another pole for the youngest and get it out, all is well at this point, well the oldest doesn't want to run rapallas he wants a bright orange hot shot, Salmon size I think it was the magnum size. So me not wanting to argue I put it on and let out, now my youngest wants the same so he reels his in and while I am rigging his my oldest says Dad I have one, I look over and his rod is straight out and I proceed to tell him it is just that big plug on the little pole when I see the line pass the boat warp speed, long story short he lands a 6LB Brown, we fished the rest of the morning and didn't touch another fish. I still like the rapalla idea but take your kids advise and pull whatever they want. LOL :wink:

·
Registered
8,710 Posts
I'll be there on the 18th-the 21st, yout will see me by the boat ramp at the resort anchored in 40 ft. fishing a size 16 treble and velveeta cheese on a lite rod. this time of year not many big browns are caugth trolling if you want to catch big browns trolling in that lake erlie may is the time right after ice out. then troll the shallows with big repallas. average fish with the cheese and 40' is 12 to 30 " ang I got five over 20 last trip on the cheese. are you going to be there When im there? cheers Rich

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The family and I are going to pulina at the end of the month. I was hoping somone could give me some advise on what to use for the big browns. I will be taking my loomis 8-12 and my alumaweld drift boat. Never fished there before, any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
BigDog :smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts