IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd appreciate any good monthly/weekly publications you guys could suggest to get my "learning" underway

Something that has stories with techniques,so I'll have an inkling and a chance,when I belly-up
and start yarn'n with the locals :cheers:

This ol' dawg ain't got much of a bite,hellz....my bark is more like a heavy sigh....but If you could measure my enthusiasm to learn a new fishery...I'd be a "pit-bull" :wink:

Thanxs,
eddie

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine, and just pose questions here or on steelheader.net, or piscatorialpursuits.com. All are good helpful sources for learning a new fishery. :cheers:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
ifish archives! just about any technique from egg cures, anchor techniques, lure tuning and suggestions, its all here.

Pick a year and a topic and do a search!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Well, two of my favorites have been named, ifish archives and Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine.

Online, I use The Guide's Forecast. It has pretty good fishing reports and some handy tips. I use the subscriber version although the free version ain't too shabby.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanxs.....

Of course I'll go out with a guide a few times as well. Nothing like getting it straight from the horse's mouth.......
Any good horses around as well :smile: (Washington)

While I have your attention,how about salmon,albacore,halibut and ling charters on the Washington coast.

Thanks all.....I owe you.
I "am" keeping this info....for I know the best advertising/advice is from the angler themselves.I could just look at their ads,but I value your input so much more!

eddie

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Whidbey Island, military man???? There is lots of good fishing in Puget Sound, especially the Neah Bay area in the summer. As fare as charters go, just type in a city and charters for the coast and see what you come up with, there's lots of good ones. There is also quite a few guys who regularly fish up there and they might be willing to lert you tag along sometime, :cheers: good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts