IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll my wife knows Springer season is winding down for me so that means she'll see more of my ugly mug but I haven't told her I'm going to try and target URB's really hard this year, oh no I can hear it now.

So, my question goes out to all you up river bright fishermen.

I was fishing with a fella on Saturday and he tells me he kills them with the Clancy's. Does anyone have a favorite color pattern they like to use?

I'm thinking that white pearl w/red tip looks pretty good

Anyone care to share. I'm pretty new to this fishery so any info will be greatly appreciated.

Bobby

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Yo Bobby, Go now to GI Joes and find a brad with a blue slash / at the bottom :)the Clancy is too big, You heard it here first..I have about 7 of those Brad's but the blue is almost off :shocked: those teeth are rough on a lure... :tongue: Don't tell Fishstyx ..i don't want him to catch any more fish :tongue:

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The Alvin/Brad in blue... ya have to tune them. I have a couple with teeth marks on em too....
I caught some on flatfish too,, and one on a hot shot.

I like fishing during the nice weather too,,, I cant wait...

K9

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
:grin: That be the one...Haven't tried the one with sparkles though...hmmmm

MrDorkfish

Louis

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
Hmmm...FM, ******, FWF1...will "spanky" ride again this year?!? :wink:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
What else would you expect from ******. :grin:

Chartreuse Green, green dot, green card whatever you call it, that's a winner.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I dunno ******, but the one in the white tutu can ride in my boat! :grin: :dance: :cheers:

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
We got a late start on the URB last year but caught fish all four days I fished. Got 2 Chinook on Nickel finish with blue bottom. I got 2 Silvers on Chrome with Green bottoms. We tried many other colors but these two produced fish. We had many more take downs with both colors.

Now for the other question on hooks. Treble or single point?

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
You could be called many things ******, but that probably ain't one of 'em. :rolleyes:
I agree with Miss B, the white TuTu is the one!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Whats "URB" ?

Just tryin to learn the lingo

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Arizona??? Now ****** I am born and raised Oregonain, one of a remaining few :grin: And I said that pic was gay, which it is :laugh: :laugh:

wannacatchem URB = Upriver Bright. The fall Chinook that are on their way up past all the dams on the CR are called URB's and are the Chinook worthy of eating in the fall.

You will also see mention of "Tule" fish. These fish are lower trib spawners and once entering fresh water their meat degrades quickly into a pile of grey mush :sick: Not what you would consider table fare. They are much slimier, have a huge head and oversized fins and are usually darker and kind of brown in color.

·
Registered
7,224 Posts
Up River Bright.

Miss B, Did you check with the Capt before inviting the chick in the tutu? :laugh: :shocked:

·
Registered
10,068 Posts
Once in awhile you will see a Tule sitting in a blue Willie. :shocked: :wink:

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I think Tilla just opened the door on that one,.... :laugh:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Wow- you know I thought I saw a Tule in a Blue Willie Boat in the Channel last week! He was snoozing :sleep: though and had his hat pulled down over his eyes.... so it was hard to tell. :whazzup:

Naaa.. to early for Tules..... :shrug:

G

·
As they enjoy another fine Salmon dinner, Tilla listens intently as his WIFE try's to teach him how to catch fish. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts