IFish.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at tides tomorrow for a trip to gov't island from about 1-4 or 5ish. High tide at kalama is around 2pm, then it says high tide at vancouver is at like 5pm, then high at washougal is at 11:15am does that seem weird to anyone or just me? Anyway, maybe someone who has been out there can tell me if the afternoon small change tide has been fishable/producing? Thanks in advance, TOC.

·
Registered
641 Posts
The tide you want for Govt. Island is Ellsworth WA. in tide books and charts. Sunday Low is 12:51 PM. High is 5:36 PM. The tide will be incomimg during the hours you want to fish, so anchoring and fishing wobblers is probably out. If you want to fish that area at that time, run across the river to the Camas Slough. Troll standard size Wiggle Warts, Orange or Pink.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I fished for Sturgeon @ Kelly Point yesterday evening. The current from the small tidal exchange (like we have again today) was very weak. The wind kept my boat facing the wrong way (which made it a pain since my bait tended to always drift back towards the boat.)

I can't image anchor fishing with a wobler would be
possible this evening, so you will need to be ready to troll.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts