IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there was a post awhile back about catching Springers in different river systems how about a post on catching them with different techniques.

How many different techniques have you used to catch Springers this year?

I have caught fish this year by Plunking, Trolling, Anchored, Drift Fishing, and Bobber fishing.

By the end of spring I should be able to add casting spinners also. :smile:

[ 05-22-2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: firedog ]

·
Registered
872 Posts
I've caught springers fishing the outgoing tide on the CR using wrapped kwikfish and trolling mag warts on the Cowlitz. I've tried a few times trolling with herring during slack tides on the CR this season but didn't have any success. This is new to me and I want to get one using that method. I saw some people using a smaller flasher in front of their herring and I hear that works well. I recently bought a couple flashers that I will put to the test next year. Last year I caught springers using eggs under a bober and on a whole cured prawn dangling off the bottom of Drano Lake.
Good topic. I hope there's a lot of response to it.

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
In the Columbia we caught 'em on sardine wrapped K14 and K15 with more on the K15. We also frequently added a spinglo above the Kfish (to emulate how the bankies were getting them) but never had a bite on it.

In the Channel it's been plugcut blue and green label herring, our preference being blue, and when the water was dirty we'd use a FishFlash flasher or our homemade version.

·
Registered
3,268 Posts
Only one on a backtrolled Kwikfish this year and a good bunch on eggs, with and without shrimp. Funny thing is that is the polar opposite to last year for me.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Caught two on tuna balls below a bobber. One of the balls was natural color and one had been dyed red. Eggs get more bites but if you need an alternate bait, try tuna balls. Smolt don't strip them off your hook like they do eggs. :smile:

·
Registered
464 Posts
lets see, Plunkin double twin fins and pill body's, plunkin spin n glow w/ twin fin :rolleyes: , out of a boat w/ spin n glow & twin fin w/ prawn. Out of a boat w/ prawn spinner. I ain't done yet!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
28 on kwikfish, two on herring. Guess I'll stick with kwikfish from here on. :wink:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I have caught Springers this year anchored up with a K-15 kwikfish biat wrapped with sardine and trolling a whole herring using the krippled herring technique and no flasher.

Z

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Kwikfish bait wrapped, prawn spinner with pink prawn, eggs and sandshrimp, herring, but not on a spinner yet. Pops caught two on just plain spinners last year. Oh yeah, with and without flashers too.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like anchored and Trolling are the most common so far this year. Out of all the fish I have got, my Favorite way is drift fishing, followed by Bobber fishing. Done the best with bobber fishing this year, with most of my fish coming that way followed closely by Anchored Bait wrapped kwikies.

[ 05-24-2003, 07:49 AM: Message edited by: firedog ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Firedog,

Hmmm...lets see..on my tag.

1. Cut plug herring...trolling..MC Channel.
2. KwikFish/wrap...anchored...Rainier
3. Cut plug herring...trolling...Willamette
4. Prawn with corkie...bouncing...Willamette
5. Prawn spinner...bouncing...Willamette
6. Prawn spinner...bouncing...Willamette
7. Egg/Shrimp..bouncing...Sandy.
8. Prawn spinner...trolling...MC Channel

Brion

·
Registered
98 Posts
OK, I had a month off for vacation. I caught them on a bait wrapted k fish, a blue labeled krippled herring, plunking at Menldrum Bar, and spinners on anchor down on the Rogue. Best Vacation of my life. So far.
Big D "Fish Guy"

·
Registered
464 Posts
I need to add spinners to my previous post.. Oh, with smelly jelly... Banged two on monday 19 and 22lbs. I hear the bite is still on down at Coon Island and my buddy went two for four yesterday in O.C. So I guess the salmon fishing ain't quite done yet..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts