IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
11,464 Posts
For casting swim baits, what do you put on your spinning reel? All mono? If so, what kind? Or do you use spectra with a mono/fluoro top shot?

Thanks

CrF
#25 to #30 Mono main spool(Cabelas Salt water cause it's cheap), Floro leader can help when they are line shy, Spectra twists so bad you can't fish.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
OK. Next question - for mono on the spool and a fluoro leader (for those leader shy fish), what knot do you use to attach the leader?

Use what ever knot you normally use, I use a barrel swivel, & a 2' to 3' leader even with all mono, this helps keep the line from twisting too much.

· Registered
30 Posts
I have been using 20 to 30 lbs braid connencted to about 7 ft of 40 lbs flouro. The knot I use to connect is a varivas knot and a dab of superglue. you can also use a bimini to bristol knot. With this setup you can cast w/2oz swimbait at least 40 yards or much much farther.

ED

For casting swim baits, what do you put on your spinning reel? All mono? If so, what kind? Or do you use spectra with a mono/fluoro top shot?

Thanks

CrF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.