IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All right, i do not want to start a war, but i want to know.

I have been fishing a local river tossing plugs fromt he bank. Been doing pretty well. I fish Washington only, but i have been having more and more run ins with oregon residence. And there comments to me are if they fished like they do in Washington, in oregon they would probably be in jail.
Why???
So they come to washington to snag fish. A guy followed me out today with oregon plates and he was down snagging fish...

Now i know not all people do this, i just want to know why they come here to do it??? There are closer places.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No the guy said if he fished with a 10 foot leader in oregon he would probably be in jail.... Not trying to start a ****in contest. Just wonder why would they go out of state to snag fish when they can fish closer to home???
And no snagging fish is illegal.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I’m from Oregon and fish in Washington 90% of the time I fish and have since the 70's , I like being able to fish at night which opens a lot more hours to fish for me, there is also 5x more water to fish that fairly close to home. In Oregon you have the Clackamas or the Sandy or you drive 70 miles to fish the coast. Snaggers are everywhere, his comment on the 10 foot leader is pretty clear he was calling you a flosser. One is legal and one is not, ethics is a personal choice so I will not comment on anyone choice to floss(I'm not saying you were). There are just more meat holes in Washington close by I think that’s why most have the perception of more snagging is happening their. I hope you called the tip hot line with the guys plate number.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
:laugh:I thinks it's a Lewis County Thing, Meth Capital of the N.W.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No one was calling me a flosser... It is pretty hard to floss with a wiggler... The only thing i have fished with on the end of my line is a duo lock, and a Brads wiggler. Pretty hard to snag a fish with that.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Sorry man my bad in rereading your post you clearly state you were tossin plugs, I guess I got confused with "And there comments to me are if they fished like they do in Washington, in oregon they would probably be in jail." and "No the guy said if he fished with a 10 foot leader in oregon he would probably be in jail" again sorry my bad :redface: 10 foot leader comments are made about guys that floss fish and as you say you were tossen plugs I would say :idea: drug test the guy like wheatie said ":laugh:I thinks it's a Lewis County Thing, Meth Capital of the N.W." :D

·
Registered
428 Posts
They probably lack the experience in catching a fish the right way. And go to washington where your regs are a lot more open!! Like its a fair fish if you hook it anywhere from the gill plate to the the tip of it's nose. All in all i don't support Snager's whether there from washington or Oregon!!! :berry:

·
Registered
318 Posts
cant we all just get along .... everyone knows snagging is not right or moral ... wash. is just a lil more forgiving on there reg. i buy both tags and lic. and fish both waters ...... if you feel anyone is in the wrong call em on it... or turn em in !?! hope your sure there in the wrong if you do !!:what:

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
actually WA rules are "inside the mouth" at the portion of the Lewis around the hatchery....and there is a night fishing closure there during certain times of the year.

Law enforcement does make appearances out there but not nearly as often as I'd like...lots of snaggin happening.

regards, aw

1 - 14 of 14 Posts