IFish.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to westport on Saturday. Anyways I had my 2 boys and had promissed my wife I would wear my Life Vest (its a newer type Stearns). So I did and let me tell you, I wore it all day and forgot about it. It did not bother me or get in my way like I always thought they would do. In fact when I got back to the dock I was walking up to my truck and realized I still had it on!! I always thought I needed to buy one of the inflatable ones that would not bother me or get in the way, (they may be great) but try wearing your standard one you carry in your boat and you may find that they are not that bad and MAY EVEN SAVE YOUR LIFE. I am glad I wore my vest for the first time and I will continue to wear it when I go out and not feel uncomfortable or to Macho! ( I have to admit the Tough/Macho side of me has been part of the reason I have not worn one, and I am sure I am not alone )
By the way, the bar was a little rough for me so we fished for Sea bass and got close to our Limits!

Jeff

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Darn right!

I have a SOSpenders inflatable and its tough to make a case for it getting in the way. I like it..its a great product.

HC

·
Administrator
119,508 Posts
YES~!

I am going to go buy a new... what do you call those little things that make them blow up?... anyway, one of those, tomorrow!
Remember to change yours every year, or however often you are supposed to!
This is great news! I love it that more and more people are wearing them!
Jen

·
Premium Member
14,294 Posts
i tell ya, these folks veer off topic at the drop of a hat. standard vest people, not inflatable.

i hear ya', woolridge. you might feel a little confined at first but if you give 'em thirty minutes, your standard stearns vest becomes part of your body. shop well and you won't feel restricted in your movements at all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I was a non wearer. I went out of Westport also. I put it on and it never bothered me a bit. I also noticed that when I didn't wear a vest my passengers didn't either. I put mine on and they did also. I didn't even have the ask them.

·
Premium Member
3,580 Posts
the vest is nice even if its a little chilly outside

1 - 8 of 8 Posts