IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a little HELP here. I have a lowrance x85, It was working just fine when I took off from the dock. I was going down river when the darn screen just went blue on me! I took a look at all the connections and there all pluged in. But I still dont have anything on the sceen except blue. Can anyone help me out of this problem.

Thanks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Is the transducer still there? Hope it isn't like my computer, the "blue screen of Death" means I need IT help immediately :depressed:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the transducer is there. I thought that maybe it was in the up position. Like I was saying it did work fine for the first couple minutes then just went into a blue sceen. I can tell if its off or on by seeing a little black thin line across the sceen, But thats all. No depth, fish I.D. nothing!...

·
Registered
909 Posts
When you turn it on at first can you get into the setup or demo mode or does it just come up blue from the start. If it does sounds like the electronics inside of the unit or more likely the lcd screen. You may want to check the voltage level coming into the unit just to make sure you are within specs. If it is not under warranty you may want to pop it open and reseat any cables and connectors you can find also look for any corrosion that may have formed inside.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Call Lowrance first. I have a Raymarine that went blank, and it happened because of acute temperature changes. I have soft keys on this FF, and they got sucked in towards the unit. RayMarine had me back off on the screws that hold the case together, this allowed the pressure to equalize and fixed the problem. They said this wouldn't affect the waterproofing ability, and everything has been fine.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I get that thin black line on mine if one of the buttons is stuck down, check and see if that happened. Mine usually sticks under the face plate in one corner.

Scott

[ 06-23-2003, 03:05 PM: Message edited by: fishingfirst ]

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
My depthfinder has over voltage protection and if your boat's voltage regulator is set too high, it might be shutting down to protect itself when the motor is revving higher or maybe it blew an internal fuse?

JMO
D.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts