IFish.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
howdy all, i just got done reading colin kageyama's book "what fish see" , copyright of 1999 so i don't know if this ? has already gone thru the gamet of your collective knowlegde. but here it is--has anyone ever tried the 6"see best" filters he talks of in the book? if so what did you think, did you try them, did one color truly work best given the water color and clarity? the pictures in the book raise many ?'s in my mind. if any one has these filters could i rent, try, or lastly (if affordable)buy them. thanks c.b. :cheers:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm wondering and searching the photo to see what the heck does that have to do with the question that Chillibones is asking. Then I look back at the title of the post and just about fall out of my chair. :laugh:

·
Registered
515 Posts
i had to do a little figureing myself. still didn't get any info though.1st time that happened on ifish. maybe to many years have gone by since this book came out :shrug: :grin:

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Save your money and buy PINK PEARL CORKIES for Steelhead or ORANGE and CHARTEUSE glo-gos if you can find any of the old type, not the newer plastic for some reason they don't work as well ??
The trick here is go to a store that has one of those boxes on display and get yourself some corkies of differant colors drop them in the box and pickout the ones that hold there color.I wouldn't buy one of those boxes tho.
Bob :grin:

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
I have not tried this, but I have been told that a blacklight will find the true flourescent colors.

As far as secret colors....there aint any.

Pink for steelies is good 85% of the time. Black is too.

Chartruse for kings. ..Duh...

Cohos want whatever they want at the moment. try darks, lights and metallics.

Sorry if this seems vague, but these are fish. Vibration is important. If you could accurately predict vibration( be it a plug, spinner blade, or an ol spin glow) you would be rich in short order.

I read it too. It proved that the popular colors were right a majority of the time.

And Jed Davis is one smart cookie.

Mark and the Black with white splotches dog.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts