IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard thru the vines that there are several people in the canyon not happy that I have posted the pics of my success with and without my kids here on Ifish.
This is what I think. Tough Dookies!!!!!!!
I had a buddy show me a great way to fish. Not to mention met a great guy who gave us permission to fish his land. Big fat deal. I don't always catch fish. I have had skunk on me so much I am starting to get stripes. Shut up and fish. There are so many more guys up here in the canyon that out fish me it isn't funny. I can't help it, not will I appologize for liking to catch fish and show them off. Nor will I appologize for the look of my kids face when he gets a salmon on the hook. I fish the same water as everyone else, just from a different spot. I sit next to the same guy and I am lucky as it gets. I have caught more than I thought I ever would.

I am so dang tired of hearing "that SOB posted another pic" that I am done with it-------posting pics, not fishing..
I never lie about what I am catching fish on, or how deep I am geting them. See me on the bank and ask me. Just stop whining about stuff.

Maybe when I tag-a-long with the drifters, I'll post about that. from here on out my river reports are over.
Sorry to bring this here, but when I hear that people up here are tired of seeing my pics it burns my rear end. I guess they could not look at the posts...

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
By stopping your posting of reports and pics arent you giving into what they want? :whazzup:

I personally dont care what people say. I like to see posts of success and pics. The people that complain are the ones that need to keep their mouths shut.

Dont stop posting reports just cause some people dont have anything better to do than complain.

my .02

Jon :smile: :grin: :smile:

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
MasterCaster is right. HECK WITH ALL HATERS!!!

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
Tagalong dont give in to the likes or dislikes of the people who think the fish are only there for THEM to catch. Successful angling isnt a science with a patent or a copyright, and nobody has any more or any less effective products to catch them with that are not available to the rest of us. What is it about a secret spot or method that worries these people so much that they will protect it at any cost? Show off, you deserve to. Dont make sacrifices for unreasonable people. I think the complaints are more because the fish is on YOUR line!

Keep posting your fish pics, and your childrens smiles. Thats what fishing and IFish is all about. Save the nitty gritty details for your friends, or better yet, find a better spot, and tell all these whiners the fish in the pic was caught in THIER hole with all the details you can muster posted right here for all to see.

Theres nothing wrong with zipperlips
as long as they dont recruit other zipperlips by intimidation and harassment! Im a zipper about some holes, and not with others, too bad!

[ 06-30-2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: cirrhosis-of-the-river ]

·
Registered
14,760 Posts
Everyone who has posted pics on ifish at some level has gone through what you are.

Some guys think if I hear that you caught a salmon in the N fk., I'll be there tomorrow, whatever.

Most guys who would run around chasing reports aren't going to catch anyway, if that's all they have to draw from.

Blow those guys off. Keep posting your pics. Give as much or little info as you want.

If you watch this board through the year, there are some guys who will give a lot of help about techniques etc..that's cool. Everyone has spots they don't want to share, that's cool too.

Hang in there, look at the pics of you kids again.

Tight Lines :cheers:

·
Registered
544 Posts
The people who cry and complain are the one's who can never catch fish and never will. And if they do catch fish it's because they bought it from the native americans along I-84. If I had a digital camera I would post picture's. Don't let these wankers get you down.

[ 07-01-2003, 03:09 AM: Message edited by: Leatherneck ]

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Ya know....when I catch a fish, I'm gonna post a pic of it. I'll tell what I used, exactly where I caught it, and what the weather was. When my daughter catches her first fish, I'll post a picture of it, with her holding it. Gonna tell exactly where it was caught, what the bait was, and what the weather was. When my wife catches her first fish, I'll post a picture of it, with her holding it, wearing waders and a bikini. I'll tell exactly where it was caught, etc., etc., etc......

get my drift?

·
Registered
630 Posts
:shocked: IS'NT POSTING PICTURES A BIG PART OF THIS SITE?. I LIKE TO SEE OTHER PEOPLE CATCH FISH ALMOST AS MUCH AS CATCHING THEM MYSELF.
KEEP POSTING THE PICS. I LOVE TO SEE THEM ESPECIALLY THE KIDS.
RICH

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I have to go along with the others here. Keep posting the pics and reports. That's at least a part of the reason many people come here IMHO.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
I agree with the previous replies. Why let the loud-mouths dictate your actions, especially if they don't even have the guts to approach you directly? Post the pics. Your friends like to see them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
KEEP ON POSTING! I like to share other anglers success (largly because I have so little of my own!) Some people will complain if you hang them with a new rope. Let the malcontents be, there's nothing we can do about them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
OK - one more response. If you want a feeling of how many ifishers want you to continue to share your pics and details, then maybe a poll is in order. You can spare yourself the effort setting it up because the vote will only show you that we want you to keep posting your reports. Those who don't want to read/see your posts can just filter you out.

I need to know that there are guys and gals and kids out there catching the fish. That keeps me going when I can't get out myself.

Now, say it with me... I will continue to post, I will continue to post, I will ....

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Tag-a-long,
Don't sweat the small stuff. Keep on keeping on! :cheers:

·
Registered
632 Posts
I have to admit that seeing all those pics had me thinking you were one special fisherman.
Don't give in, NEVER :mad:
keep on posting

mtpar

·
Registered
584 Posts
Last time I checked, you didn't need approval or permission to post your pic's here, other than Jen's. Fishing if supposed to be fun, keep it that way... The nay-sayers are the definite minority, they just cry the loudest. The pic's of kids with fish are the best. Keep 'em coming.

[ 07-01-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: AtWorkALot ]

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay. I have a pic or two that I'll post later tonight. Or tomorrow.. No story or place now that I found a different spot to fish from...

They'll have to get over it!

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Don`t worry about them....I for one appreciate the pics, keep up the good job and keep posting pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
tag-a-long, Keep those posts and pics coming!! Those people have an option: either get over it, or don't bother looking at them...simple as that! :mad: As for myself, I enjoy seeing others have success! FISH ON! :cheers:

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would love to see more pictures of your catches, and kids with smiles from ear to ear. It is something that shouldn’t be taken for granted and if you are lucky enough to see that, I feel privileged that you are willing to share that with us. :smile:
Keep them coming.
B.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts