IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to run the riggers but you all have me beliven that the divers are the way to go now. What size and which ones are you using?
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
I go for the "middle" size. Pink Lady / Delta Diver are simple and effective. I use Deep-Six also, you have to make sure the "trip" is adjusted and you have to re-set (in your hand) it after it trips. The others will re-set just by giving 'em a moment of slack. I have some funky magnetic ones (inheirited) I don't trust and haven't used.

There's my $.02

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
I always use a delta diver (large) and then just adjust my pulls--anything from 2-25 was working last weekend--it just did not matter.

As a rule I fish 5-15 for silvers, 15-30 chinook

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
We like to run deltas on the forward rods and deep 6 in the back to get a bit more separation since the deltas dive so much harder than the Deep sixes. That will put the Deep Sixes further back behind the boat at the same depth.

My prefernce is a Deep Six since you can trip them and get them back to the boat a bit quicker, helps if you are piloting the boat.

gus

·
Scallywag
3,410 Posts
I use the lg. Delta's because I can reset them while they're still in the bite zone if they get tripped (just give 'em some slack). A second chance at that big nookie!

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
What Gus says!

We have had our best luck with this set up too when fishing more than 3 rods from the boat.

SD

·
Registered
492 Posts
Mike,

If you have down riggers stick with them. Just my opinion. Good luck

·
Registered
126 Posts
Why doesn't anyone use Jet Divers? Too small? Don't dive deep enough?

Just curious.

·
Flatlander
7,595 Posts
Go Harley,
Jet Divers would create a mess down there, one they don't dive as hard and when you cut the motor to fight a fish unattended lines will float up, and that could easily be under somebody elses boat
and that would be bad.

When in Rome :smile:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Ordered up some Fish Seeker divers from Cabelas on a friend's recommendation. They are really easy to adjust for depth, and seem to be a color that the fish go for. If you look in the catalog, they are in the section with the downriggers instead of where the divers are listed. The pink ones seem to catch the most fish.

·
Registered
781 Posts
I like the smaller divers because I like to run my drag as light as possible.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts