IFish.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
No Joke: Every color works, honest.

Just some days they have a preference for different colors. I have always had good luck with pink, red and orange in the rivers, and every color works in the salt. :wink:

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I started making my own spinners about 3 or 4 years ago and it is a copy of the Flash Glo with the chartreuse beads and #4 nickle French blade. It has consistently caught coho everywhere I have fished in SW Washington and usually out fished other spinners (except the Flash Glo of course).

Last year I started fishing Brad's Wiggler's for the first time and caught about a hundred on wiggler's alone and the two hot colors were his #29 which is a custom cherise herring bone and the #08 which is mostly green and they call it the pickle up in Longview. Both colors were hot and consistant and caught silvers September through November.

When I fish eggs I use red eggs. Haven't tried green eggs yet. :grin:

I don't use corkies for silvers.

Dan

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A buddy of mine just got back from Alaska and the spinner of choice up there was a red body/ silver bladed blue fox. How ever, the hot ticket was a fly pattern called the 'egg sucking leech'. A purple leech pattern with a red nose. It seems that was the BRIGHT fish wanted to hit. FYI.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
When I fish eggs I use red eggs. Haven't tried green eggs yet.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Their great with ham. :grin: (Oh come on now, you all knew it would only be a matter of time).

·
Registered
12,166 Posts
I hate slivers, they are hard to get out of you hand, ouch! Not sure what color they like, Since when does something made of wood care about color! :laugh:
GBS

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Well...You didn't mention what type of water you're fishing.

For Warts...my own preference is Flo Red.

Spinners...I like the black bladed #3 or #4 Vibrax...works well with a deep slow retrieve in deep holes...also the black blade/green body Vibrax works well too. We caught alot of Coho at the coast trolling the old "Stand-By" #124 Flash Glo..but beware...the big pig nookies will suck them up too. :shocked:

Mark

In the deep pools...cast your spinners out...let them sink for a couple of seconds, then reel slow enough that you see your rod tip "throbbing" with the blade's action.

Have fun, and good luck..

mark

·
Registered
10,493 Posts
I have always done best with pink/cherise/fuschia flies and orange or green and silver/chrome in gear. But when they are fresh, it doesn't seem to matter much.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Generally (in my experience):

Red for Reds
Pink for Pinks
Silver for Silvers
Gold for Kings
Green for Dogs
But any combination will work for any specie on a given day. :wink:

·
Registered
5,547 Posts
Fire-tiger (like the Brad's #74) works for me in the bay and lower river. In clear water i like spinners with some kind of prism tape(shows all the colors of the rainbow.)

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
Last year we knocked the silvers with pink and chrome kwikfish in a 13. Tried it yesterday and those finicky biters wouldn't attack anything. :depressed:

Went on to salmon and got them to bite. I think they just have to be in a biting mood, darnit. Nothing more fun than a twisting, turning silver!

Jen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts