IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bill,

I have been looking at the 50W's, as they seem to be the way to go.

How in the hell do you play a fish with a bent stick and stand up gear?

I think you are about due to spill some blood on the deck of Shake N Bake and my September is wide open.

Lets chase some bluefins.

Mike

50W on one of those funny bent sticks.

check that auction site, there are always people on there that are in some tuna 12 step program.

· Registered
652 Posts
The avet 50 SDS (San Diego Special) holds 600 yards of 130 spectra and a topshot. I can attest to its performance with tuna up to 232 lbs. and had no problem. It is a solid piece of equipment..................stick it on a calstar or seeker and let the pain begin..

Mike...........see you in Garibaldi

Marty

· Registered
3,494 Posts
Check out the Penn 80 VSW, this is probably the one i would go with, only because of how deep it is on the Oregon coast. 1500 yrds of 200lb Spectra, how about 3000 yds with 100lb spectra.
As far as a rod goes, 100-130lb class rod, all roller guides. Bent butt not needed.

Braid Powerplay fighting harness with a Smitty large big game belt.

2,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I pulled the trigger on a couple EX 50 wides.

Not cheap, but I imagine they will work for marlin and sails if I ever head south.

I got a bent rod and will see if it works, but they sure look weird and I have landed 100+ billfish without one, so it may not be needed.

I can't wait to see if there is a bluefin who wants to sacrifice its life to my new reels.

Mike C

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.