IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As an alternative to Ifishstock at Oaks Park, how bout Ifishstock at Hedlund Acres on the Kilchis!

That would be where I live! :smile:

Please take a minute to help us out:

The two dates available are

July 26th. You've got an early morning low tide, so that crossing the bar, should you want, will be ideal. Cohos and chinook will be open in the ocean, at that time.

August 2nd. Tides not ideal, very poor for crossing the bar. B-10 will be open then. Later date, for people to prepare, and just thought I'd give a second option.

August 9th, great tide for crossing the bar, good clamming tide early AM, coho and chinook open in the ocean, B-10 open, Nehalem salmon open,... good day!

I'm going to let the next few days pass and see what comes up. Whether people want it at Oaks, or at Kilchis.
Let me know!
Shall I start yet another poll? ARGH! How bout you guys just do the party and I'll show up? :smile:

[ 06-11-2003, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yip!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Sorry if I scared you. There's a lot more to providing alcohol than most people realize. The state regulates it heavily. My restaurant has adopted a 2 drink maximum, and all alcohol is under lock and key so a manager has to get it. We also only serve between 11 am and 10 pm, so we don't get someone refused alcohol late at night coming to our place and getting more drunk. Then we'd could be held liable if they got into an accident, even if we only served them one. We're set up so there is no way anyone can get overserved. Two people evaluate the person, the server and the manager, and the manager makes the final decision whether or not to serve. Of course, it's not noticeable to the customer that it's going on. Personally, I'd like to get rid of our license. It's more trouble than it's worth. But the owners are opening up a full bar pretty soon. Joy.

happybrew

·
Registered
16,802 Posts
IF you were to combine Ifishstock with Netart's annual Michko'-stock, you could skip the hassle and just enjoy the party! :cheers:

And what a party it would be - Michko's and several hundred Ifishers. :shocked: Netarts would never be the same.

(am I spelling Michko's right?)

[ 06-11-2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: garyk ]

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To the top:

Help us out, here? I think this is the plan, and I think August 9th is winning.

BR Shooter? Can you and Gini make it?
Jen

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have found an aerial view online!

Anyway, it's 1/2 mile from the park on the Kilchis.

See you there, or be square... Or stuck under the Kilchis bridge in Mel's boat. :smile:
Funny, we have joked about running up here, too, in the sled. You know, if the grass is wet, we can make it, theory?
But... these darn "no motors beyond this point" signs keep us at bay. Literally.

Jen

[ 06-12-2003, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: [email protected] ]

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
No motors? :shocked: Hey- posting open seats now for the row up to Jennies house! Get 'em while they last! :grin:

[ 06-12-2003, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Miss B Haven ]

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you'd be better off with a truck.

Oh wait, no motors... hmm... bicycle?

Jen

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I need to know what the road conditions are like, Is it a paved road or gravel? I would like to drive my "special" car",, but it sits a little low to the ground and I would not want to scrape.

Thanks

[ 06-12-2003, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: k9jeff ]

·
Administrator
119,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is a paved road all the way to our house, except for a driveway down to our house. I'd be a little concerned about that.

It's just a driveway, but I promised Bill that if he let me have it here, I'd pay what it cost me to have the party at Oaks Park to him, so that he could buy new gravel after the party. Last time, boats going up the driveway skidded a little, and we developed new holes. It's not too bad now, but after and during the party, with boats going up and down it? I dunno!

It'll be wonderful AFTER the party, though! :smile:
Jen

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hi Jenny, It looks like the 8/9 is the front runner. FYI 8/2 and 8/9 are possible halibut days and 7/26 is Garibaldi days. my .02. HJ

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Jennie,
Do I feel special. I have August 9th marked as committed 100% to ifishstock! Gini and I wouldn't miss it. I'm just glad things are working out.

[ 06-12-2003, 04:40 PM: Message edited by: brshooter ]

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
August 9th at Bill and Jennies. Sounds great to me! :dance:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Can you run the garden hose all night before so the River has enough water to get Miss B up there? You do have a dock right? :wink: :grin: :cheers:

·
Administrator
41,348 Posts
Don't worry about water, Mel. Just gluvit your hull and you shouldn't have a problem!

·
Registered
22,364 Posts
Mel, change the pitch of your prop, trim tabs in the full down position, full throttle that baby and you're there. Nice thing about it is you wont have to have the bottom pressure washed to get those pesky barnicles and seaweed off.

[ 06-12-2003, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: CATCH AND EAT ]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts