IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have to admit, that after going thru 2 jars of Amerman eggs, I was getting discouraged with the results. Only one fish hooked and landed. So we ran out of eggs and I hit Sportsman's on the way home from work. A kid there tells me that Scott gave him 2 jars for selling five.. Not sure that I believe that, but Hey Scott whats up?????????? How about us loyal patrons? :shrug:

So I get a new jar of the salmon cure eggs, a few swivels and head out. I hit the hole about 4:30. Dom is already there. Had one released to fight again after it missed the eggs with its mouth and slapped the hook with its tail. We break out the new jar of eggs. They seem a bit hard to me at first. The top skien is a bit tough. I rig it up, tip it with something special, and within an hour and 2 misses, I land a nice 14 pound hatchery hen. :dance:
I am starting to really like these eggs now. five minutes back in the water, BAM! I get slammed. I fight in my limit for the night :laugh:
Dom puts the net around my second fish that tips the spring scale at 18 pounds and is 37 nches long. :grin: I am thinking these aren't so bad after all.

I owe it all to Dom. He showed me where to be and what to use in that spot. He finally gets his first keeper of the night after releasing three fish to fight again.
Three hatchery hens. They are a bit dark, but don't let that fool you. Mine sat on the bank for about 2 hours and Dom's was there for an hour or better, and the meat looks great! So do the eggs!!!!
This from a Hoosier that caught his first steelhead and salmon a month ago within a week...

[ 06-18-2003, 06:56 AM: Message edited by: tag-a-long ]

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
"tip it with something special".....what might that be??? c`mon now, it`s not like your gonna give away your honey hole, inquiring minds.... :grin:

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The something special is a cured prawn tail. Peeled. Not sure why, but they seem to love it...

I can't wait to get to the river tonight.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Hey tag a long, I help cure and pick up eggs from the hatcheries and I can assure you that Scott and Grant are not giving away eggs. If they gave away 2 jars for 5 jars sold they would loose money as there profit margin isn't that high.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts