IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Which unit? What happened?
I live just down the road from the Longview-St Helens holding and plan to buy a permit when it opens 6/20.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Molalla Permit area. Good luck on the other areas. I hold no good feelings toward them.
I struck out also.. I've had once every year since 2007 when they started the permit process. I spend literally every weekend up there. What irks me is the guys I hunt with all got one and they only go up during hunting season.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Did they reduce the number of permits for that area? I've always been able to get one for LV-StH when I have tried, but that has meant being logged on and ready to go the minute it opens up. Missed last year because we were out of town.

·
Registered
8,234 Posts
Did they reduce the number of permits for that area? I've always been able to get one for LV-StH when I have tried, but that has meant being logged on and ready to go the minute it opens up. Missed last year because we were out of town.
Same amount of permits but demand has skyrocketed the last 2 or 3 years. A few years ago they wouldnt even sell out. Now they are gone in seconds!

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
There's been a couple leases I've eye-balled but they never seem to come up available. Otherwise I've never hunted their properties. It's interesting to me that folks are willing to give up hunting all together because a private company charges fees to hunt their lands. There is a lot of public land in Oregon.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
There's been a couple leases I've eye-balled but they never seem to come up available. Otherwise I've never hunted their properties. It's interesting to me that folks are willing to give up hunting all together because a private company charges fees to hunt their lands. There is a lot of public land in Oregon.
How much are the leases?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too missed out. Had trouble with my login and which put me ten minutes behind. By that time all drive in and drive in premium permits were sold out. I went ahead a did a walk in permit for some access but with all the vandalism I am really leery about parking rig at the locked gate and leaving it for hours:(

In this instance I wish they had a double gate system where you could park inside and not worry about vandalism.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had no idea that Weyerhaeuser property was that much different than the public around it. I see so many elk and so much elk sign on public land, I have to assume this is because of other game species? Or just having less pressure? Maybe I’m in a different area also. Makes you wonder how much money a timber company is making from recreation permits.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts