IFish.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really perplexed. Within 24 hours, I have seen the most dramatic change in the predictions/forecasts than I've seen all year. Yesterday, Wetsand was calling for huge swells (12-20 feet) and wild winds (24-32 kts) for Sunday. This AM, Wetsand is showing swells of up to 2 feet and winds to 4 kts. How does that happen? Were they anticipating some residual effect from Flossie, or??? :shrug::shrug: And yet NOAA is still calling for a 5 and 9 on Sunday.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Yeah, I came home from yesterday's run (beautiful ocean by the way) expecting some down-time, and when I looked this morning my left eye started to twitch again. What's it gonna do?

Skein

·
Registered
5,996 Posts
I'm really perplexed. Within 24 hours, I have seen the most dramatic change in the predictions/forecasts than I've seen all year. Yesterday, Wetsand was calling for huge swells (12-20 feet) and wild winds (24-32 kts) for Sunday. This AM, Wetsand is showing swells of up to 2 feet and winds to 4 kts. How does that happen? Were they anticipating some residual effect from Flossie, or??? :shrug::shrug: And yet NOAA is still calling for a 5 and 9 on Sunday.
Scratching my head as well...but it looks like they moved it out until Monday/Tuesday.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yeah, I came home from yesterday's run (beautiful ocean by the way) expecting some down-time, and when I looked this morning my left eye started to twitch again. What's it gonna do?

Skein
Hey Jim,

We decided not to go yesterday due to the thick fog. Did the fog ever break as you drove NW?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I am now totally confused as to what I am going to do this weekend as well! Yesterday, I had all but loaded my salmon gear into the boat and put the tuna gear away. Now I am really thinking of putting the salmon gear back away!

Wetsand is killing me!!!! I hope Noaa will follow up with a good afternoon report!

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It's my birthday weekend.... The one weekend a year I get away with telling my wife what I am doing... I saw the forecast, and I thought "No way" so I bought Mariner tickets.... Now I read this. Ugh. I've never been more depressed to go to a major sporting event.

--Ska

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Roostafish, the fog stayed pretty thick for almost 25 miles, then broke out to a beeeuuutifullll day. So slick you could see jumpers for a mile.

On the way back in we ran into it about 5-6 miles out, but it cleared for the trip through the jaws.

Radar is a good thing. It doesn't make you invincible, but it is a nice tool for the thick stuff.

Skein

·
Registered
124 Posts
Saw the same thing. We moved our tuna out of Westport plans forward from Sunday to Thursday because of the forcasts. Now wetsand is showing better weather on Sunday than Thursday! Of course NOAA is showing quite a bit higher winds for Sunday than Wetsand is. We're sticking to Thursday - maybe a bumpy ride home but it will be with the waves.

·
Registered
7,180 Posts
I'd pay attention to the what the low pressure off the coast does. where it ends up heading is going to determine what happens.

I don't know what wetsands uses for their forecasts, but I'd guess their forecast chaged due to the conflicting forecast the various weather models are kicking out right now.

:twocents:

·
Registered
4,104 Posts

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I blieve it's -7 hours due to daylight savings time - assuming that Zulu is the same as GMT. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
Wetsands is now showing 10-15' on Sunday. I was really hoping that flat forecast was going to hold, I have been on land too long. The good news is this isn't the OTC weekend so maybe...

·
Banned
15,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's my birthday weekend.... The one weekend a year I get away with telling my wife what I am doing... I saw the forecast, and I thought "No way" so I bought Mariner tickets.... Now I read this. Ugh. I've never been more depressed to go to a major sporting event.

--Ska
Don't worry Aaron. The clown face is back. Not looking too good from here on out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts