IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the ********* seminar given at Bob's Sporting Goods in Longview tonight.

Presenters were a fellow from WDFW and a Mr. Muck ( I apologize all over the place for not getting their names correct) who is the 7th highest on last years money list.

If I learn anything at a seminar then it has been worth the trip and in this case it was. Learned a new technique or two but most importantly I learned not only how to catch the wily Pikeminnow and make a couple of bucks, but when to fish and perhaps save a few dollars as well. Some nice handouts incl. maps and a great coupon for 20 percent savings on a lot of stuff. Any way I would recommend it.

On the way down I stopped at the Barrier, wet a line and visited with the bankers. They had seen 7 fish on since daylight with one landed.

Then went to the fishing bridge at Riffe. The Silvers (Kokanee) are starting to be cooperative. Also at the dam.

On the way home I stopped by Cathlamet. Some folks from Twin Harbors had an estimated 30#er. Didn't get to talk to anyone else.

But I blather. Spring is here! : :smile: :

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did they say how much money some of these people are making on the rewards? How meny hours of fishing to reach the 7th highest.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Every day for the whole season...sometimes up to 12 hours a day, other days one or two hours...Number 7 netted about $16,000 for himself. But an average, across the board day people bring in 6-8 fish.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tips:
Thread chick liver on a treble like you would smelt for sturgeon.
If you want to run multiple hooks keep them on the bottom.
They will get into a feeding frenzy.
It isn't a snap - you have to fish.
Best tip - Go to the next seminar.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Anyone know when the next seminar is? Sounds like a perfect fit for my unemployed status!

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Thread chick liver on a treble like you would smelt for sturgeon.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Did he tell you how to keep the liver on the hook? Even when frozen, they thaw quickly and start to liquefy. Never had much luck with them. :depressed:

·
Banned
8,867 Posts
1 Pump,
lightly salt or sugar and let toughen. They will stay on a little better. I have used this many seasons over and works great...a better bait is Salmon livers, also pre-treated salt or sugar.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
re: the chicken livers. Use a threader and let the cl drop onto the treble. If you keep it as dry, cold(not frozen) and fresh as possible it is supposed to stay on well without any additional messing around. Cut it with scissors just before you use it.

Mr. Muck says to kiss ("keep it simple stupid" :smile: )it since if it's a good bite you will be too busy to want to mess around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts