IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Friday the 13th the wonderful 8,000 lb lifttruck that i drive at work didnt agree with direction i wanted to go, so being that i was traveling backwards, my big front boom got caught on a rack slid sidways makeing me loos my balance. pinning me up against a rack. by the time it was all through i came up with 3 cracked ribbs and a pelvis the was broken in two places. ill be down for approx 4-6 weeks. and then be very carfull after that.(Like walking along riverbank in waders) for awhile. so i guess ill just watch the good ole boys from "yahoo" Alabamma somewhere catch bass. or watch White taildeer hunters pay 50 gazzallion dollors to shoot a picked out deer from a heated treestand somewhere in "podunck" Mississippi, which is about as much sport as picking out a little ole lady walking down a street on a walker and blasting her with a paint ball gun!.So you guys need to send some funny jokes out there or something. i want to get to rehibalating so i can go der hunting with no problem. so fellas get some lively stories on here so this thing wont be borring in the weeks to come. or i could watch soap opras.....FAT CHANCE!

·
Registered
135 Posts
sorry about the accident, i also am a hyster jockey so i understand. i guess you could also drink lots of cold ones :cheers:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sorry about the bad luck, sounds like it's a good thing you're alive though. Congrats on that part.

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
sounds to me like a valid excuse to buy a boat once you get through the early phases of your recovery.

get well soon!

·
Administrator
119,603 Posts
That's tough luck. I know how you feel. I had to have surgery through one of my favorite seasons. At least I was able to choose which season.
We'll be thinking of you, and wishing you amazing progress. Maybe you'll heal faster than you think!

Here's to hoping and praying for you!
Jen

·
Registered
550 Posts
Is it possible to mount a reclining chair in a boat?

It would be great, but your recovery may take extra time.

Get well soon!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
No reason you can't find a nice comfy spot on a boat ramp somewhere... Hope you heal up soon..

[ 06-20-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: tag-a-long ]

·
Registered
16,544 Posts
Bummer man! I always knew driving backwards wasn`t all it was cracked up to be. But think of the bright side! New boat equiped with recliner!! Get well soon. Fishft.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Limit Lander~

Would you mind passing your mojo on to a guy like me! I was down for nearly a year with 2 knee surgeries and I know how it feels to not be able to do what you love.....I couldn't even walk the dog...like I once did every night for 2 miles... I put on a few pounds...so watch out for those extra carbs...they catch up with you quickly. I hope your recovery is speedy...

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
LL, sorry to hear about the injury. I had surgery right before the big springer push so I couldn't get out as often as I would have liked. Just take the time to heal up right and before you know it you'll be posting the great stories and pics of your own. :cheers:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts