IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looked at Meldrum, lots of boats and bankies.. too many people for my liking--- doesn't anyone work anymore?

Clackamas-Fished the DMZ--- a couple of taps and ticks, no shakes, did see many fish jumping and rolling, nice 10lb hatchery summer was taken two feet from me-- blue fox spinners, pink jigs and sandshrimp were the table fair- seems fish are real shallow right now

Sandy River-- no fish for me, story of my life, but rumor has it fish are being taken near dodge park-- some springers and steelhead--

Buddy Reported from the Trask that fishing is "Good and getting better"

Met FisherFld on the river friday evening- had a good time, nice to kick it with folks that share similer addictions-

[ 04-27-2003, 04:27 PM: Message edited by: snowball ]

·
Registered
125 Posts
thxs for the report, Myself and(the bear) are going to try the sandy tomorrow, we will post a report that night, maybe even some pics.
Anybody else tryed the sandy?
chris

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no problem,, even with work, I'v been managing to get out at least 4 days a week-- good luck

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Catch 22. DeMilatarizedZone. Apparently the Clackamas has less people on it so it wasn't like fishing the war zone of the Meldrum Bar.

[ 04-28-2003, 08:55 AM: Message edited by: Grant Scheele ]

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems fisherfld was keen on calling this part of the river the DMZ, which is logically sound, given it's proximity to other places--

heard of a few more fish yanked out yesterday evening-- I'm hoping to get out this afternoon, however, I broke yet another rod Saturday (3 rods in 4 weeks) and have to chase down a receipt during lunch today to make the afternoon trip possible--

·
Registered
869 Posts
Yeah....the DMZ!! Another rod!! My goodness snow..you'll have to try getting a walking stick! Thanks for keeping the DMZ zipperlipped. I see all these guys talking about the "honey hole" and other names...I wanted to give our little spot a name.... I won't be joining you this evening...I'm cooking up that Steelie from Tuesday on the Barbie...I mentioned to a couple friends in the neighborhood that I was cooking fresh Steelhead and we now have dinner reservations for 8! My mom's going in for surgery tomorrow and will be in the hospital through Friday...then headed to Bend this weekend...so no fishing for me until next week atleast....I'll look for the DMZ reports though..keep hitting it and you'll get one eventually, that's what everybody told me until I got my first and second..there at the DMZ!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey fishfld--
good luck with your BBQ ( harhar-i hope it burns--

Best wishes to your mum, hope all works out for the best--
Drop me an email and maybe we can make something happen down the road, had a nice time friday and hope to do it again--

·
Registered
869 Posts
Alright...after reading the post from 5 cents about having secret fishing spots being wrong...I thought I'd share what the DMZ is....on the Clack, by the DMV!! Get it .....DMZ or V !!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya mean we can't have our own zipper lip spot? Dang it man, now Ifish may head into another direction with people actauly putting people onto fish----

·
Registered
869 Posts
so...I just had to post something to see what my avatar looked like...first pic with me and a big a$$ fishg I caught!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts