IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Sandy both Saturday and Sunday this weekend.

Saturday - Even though the report was dead for the lower river I decided to float from Dabney to LC with my 8 yr. old daughter anyway, I promised her so we went for it. She was rewarded with her first ever springer, a nice fat 15lber. Dad hooked it and she handled the rest like a pro (very proud dad). The fish was hooked on the usual diver and sandshrimp setup. Was a beautiful day on the river with her and we both had allot of fun.

Sunday - Dads day alone to concetrate on some good fishin. I have never fished up at Cedar Creek (mostly boat fish in the lower river) so I decided to go check it out even though I had to be home by eleven. Since I had never been there before I struck up a conversation with a guy in the parking lot and he invited me to walk with him down to the river and filled me in on some where and whats about the area (thanks for all your help Rick). Well after crossing the river twice I arrive at the deep hole below Cedar Creek (don't know the name) about 7am and after about two hours of fishing (bobber and eggs) I hookup and land about a 20lb springer (thanks you Amerman eggs, first time user). Had to leave shortly there after to be home in time and a little bit of a walk getting out (lesson learned; next time fishing there bring a backpack). There were about 6 fish hooked in that hole in the 3 hours I was there (5 springers and 1 steelhead) with a few other guys carrying fish around. As for crowds it was not as bad as I thought it would be, lots of people but pretty spread out.

Overall a nice weekend; memories with my daughter, new fishing spot and freind and some fish for the freezer........great fun.

JK

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Hi Artwo,
Glad to see you had a great weekend like that to share with your daughter. What time did you start the lower river? We started at about 6:30 am.

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andy,
We got on the water about 7:30, hooked up around 9:30 in the big bend hole. That was all for the day, took out at 2:00.

JK

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
We had a takedown in that hole about 6:45. I guess we just missed ya, We'll pobably see each out there sometime soon. :cheers:

:smile: Smily :smile:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Artwo,

I was the guy in the cowboy hat and my friend was the guy you were fishing beside. We ended up with three fish for the two of us. I recognized who you were when you said your daughter landed a fish in Big Bend. It is good to put a face with an ifish name :cheers:

See you around!

·
Registered
16,595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry DC but I don't remember anyone in a cowboy hat. I fished with a guy in another driftboat who was alone in the big bend hole then along side a guy with a couple kids in the gauge hole in a green twin engine sled, which one was you. Am I not remebering someone else, sorry, it was al ong weekend. Nice catch, any when, where and how info to pass on. I need to get my uncle from California into a fish this coming Friday, any info would be helpful.

Help me out here DC, I just can't put your face with a person that day..........

JK

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Artwo,

I did not make myself clear. I was up at Cedar Creek when you were there Sunday morning. We were the two guys fishing to the left of you with bobbers. You told us about your daughter landing the fish in Big Bend. I will say hi next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts