IFish.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's floating this weekend on N. Coast? Rivers are taking their time dropping into shape. Going to be fast and murky water for sure but hoping fish will still be caught.

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Anyone ever launch their sled at Sollie Smith and run it all the way up to 10 mile? Asking for a Yahoo, er friend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
Who's floating this weekend on N. Coast? Rivers are taking their time dropping into shape. Going to be fast and murky water for sure but hoping fish will still be caught.
Didn't float but fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday from the bank and while I didn't see every boat that went past my counts for each day were as follows.
Saturday between 7:30 and 9:00 am - 29
Sunday between 7:30 and 9:00 am - 33
Monday between 8:00 and 9:00 am -39
Also seemed that the parking areas for the other launch sites I passed each morning were full and the ramps busy.

As for how the fishing was I heard a lot of "the one that got away" stories but didn't see any on the bank and only know of a few that were caught based on reliable sources. Talked to lots of boats at the end of each day and while no one set the world on fire they did better especially all those who had motors and could repeatedly hammer a spot.

As for this Yahoo I went 0 for the Weekend. I'd say I was snake bit but that would imply that I got bit by something.:whistle:

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't float but fished Saturday, Sunday and Monday from the bank and while I didn't see every boat that went past my counts for each day were as follows.
Saturday between 7:30 and 9:00 am - 29
Sunday between 7:30 and 9:00 am - 33
Monday between 8:00 and 9:00 am -39
Also seemed that the parking areas for the other launch sites I passed each morning were full and the ramps busy.

As for how the fishing was I heard a lot of "the one that got away" stories but didn't see any on the bank and only know of a few that were caught based on reliable sources. Talked to lots of boats at the end of each day and while no one set the world on fire they did better especially all those who had motors and could repeatedly hammer a spot.

As for this Yahoo I went 0 for the Weekend. I'd say I was snake bit but that would imply that I got bit by something.:whistle:
I floated the Nestucca on Saturday. Was NOT prime conditions as the water was high, murky, and still very fast. That was evident as there was only about 2-3 boats on the water I ran. Heard of only 1 fish caught. By now though I'm sure it has dropped into great shape.

It's early but winter steelhead season only lasts a couple months. Get out there when you can.

I especially like fishing the coastal rivers when springers are starting to catch people's attention.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I floated the Nestucca on Saturday. Was NOT prime conditions as the water was high, murky, and still very fast. That was evident as there was only about 2-3 boats on the water I ran. Heard of only 1 fish caught. By now though I'm sure it has dropped into great shape.

It's early but winter steelhead season only lasts a couple months. Get out there when you can.

I especially like fishing the coastal rivers when springers are starting to catch people's attention:whistle::flag2:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Bears repeating, hope you enjoyed the solitude while it lasted.
I have many places to fish within a comfortable drive of my house. I have never in my over fifty years of fishing, many of those places had any kind of problem finding a place or places to fish with out a herd of people. So I wouldn't worry about my solitude. I never left the house this morning till after 10 because it was so cold. No trouble fishing where I wanted too. Bet you can't say that about where you live. Just Sayin:whistle::flag2:

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I have many places to fish within a comfortable drive of my house. I have never in my over fifty years of fishing, many of those places had any kind of problem finding a place or places to fish with out a herd of people. So I wouldn't worry about my solitude. I never left the house this morning till after 10 because it was so cold. No trouble fishing where I wanted too. Bet you can't say that about where you live. Just Sayin:whistle::flag2:
SHOWOFF......... :bearhug: :laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
Well, I can walk from my house to many places to fish without a crowed ever. Catch steel head, chinook, silvers, sturgeon, large mouth, small mouth and shad. :twocents:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I did not mean to come off that way.:flowered: I should have said that you can always find a place to Fish in solitude if you want too. Or a person can be a sheeple and join in the herd mentality.There are a lot of places like that. Prime example is the Wilson River. Lower 10 miles of it is a joke. However go up in the canyon a few miles and there is a lot of water less traveled. Just one example. I love to fish late in the season because there are far less people and the fish although fewer are a much better quality of Fish. Steelhead are 99% catch and release for me. Hatchery or Native. Personal choice. Also the weather is much better in March and April. My hands don't hurt as bad. Good luck and Tight Lines:flag2:

·
Registered
6,549 Posts
I did not mean to come off that way.:flowered: I should have said that you can always find a place to Fish in solitude if you want too. Or a person can be a sheeple and join in the herd mentality.There are a lot of places like that. Prime example is the Wilson River. Lower 10 miles of it is a joke. However go up in the canyon a few miles and there is a lot of water less traveled. Just one example. I love to fish late in the season because there are far less people and the fish although fewer are a much better quality of Fish. Steelhead are 99% catch and release for me. Hatchery or Native. Personal choice. Also the weather is much better in March and April. My hands don't hurt as bad. Good luck and Tight Lines:flag2:
DUDE, You KNOW we're jerking your chain. :meme:

I'm right there with ya. I avoid crowds like the plague. I'm more comfortable on gravel roads in the upper reaches of a river system. The runs these days are so poor that I have to admit that I'm just not fishing as much. My personal impact is probably much higher than the average angler. While I employ the best handling practices possible, there is still mortality. If runs aren't making escapement, why pound on them.? If I need meat, I always have the Cowlitz.............

1 - 14 of 14 Posts