IFish.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit Astoria today with my lovely bride of 14 years. Things started out kind of slow but picked up as the day went on. We ended up boating 6 fish, 4 nates and these two we could keep!

My wife also landed one the biggest Coho's I have ever seen... too bad it was a nate. I thought for sure she had a nice nook, it faught deep and hard. When it came up and I finally released it I swear it was 22lbs-25lbs :shocked: :shocked: Oh well it was sent on its way without leaving the water to make some babies that will hopefully be just as big!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Well done 5-cents. A buck and a hen makes for good balance. The best part is that you somehow managed to get your wife to fish with you.

Which side of the river> Church hole area or the Sawdust piles side? I jsut cannot seem to find a fish inside from Chinook to Astoria. Going with Rags maybe Saturday and that should be my schooling for inside as he knows those areas too.

Keep her fishing with you. Perahaps if I fished inside, I could get my wife of 37 years out there. she doesn't like the choppy and rough water.

*Fish only bite wet hooks* Usually yours

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Congrats on the fish Nickel, as well as the 14 years. I'm coming up on 14 years myself with my lovely bride! Great pic too, looks like it was a nice day out there and you took someone along a lot better looking than your carrot brothers! :grin:
(looks like she outfishes them too :laugh: )

[ 08-27-2003, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: skrimmy ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snapshot we were on the WA side alnog the sands 30 feet of water, 14 pulls seemed to be the ticket today. We marked a ton of fish but could not get them to bite today like the other day.

Skrimmy I have to agree with you about the looks but XTC's mirror tells him everyday he is the fairest in all the land :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Administrator
119,499 Posts
She is not wearing gloves!
The first time I saw a pic of her, I'd swear she had gloves on to touch those slimy things! :smile:

I think she is getting used to it!

Congrats on some nice fish! :smile:

I've still yet to b 10 it!

Jen

N

·
0 Posts
Nice fish!

Shane you must know the restraint it took on my part for any further comment, based on the subject line. :blush: :laugh:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What the.... I donno what the heck you guys are talkin bout :wink: :tongue: :grin: :dance:

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Good one ******!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Nice fish 5Cents and 7Cents!!!!!!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jen, ya she is a salmon pro now!

Zaq, :laugh: :laugh: When you are right you are right!

Respawn, I own a business and I hired people that are much better at running the show than me! I have to show up a couple days a week so they can tell me everything is under control and that I should go fishing... hey I'm not complaining one bit! :grin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts