IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
My favorite color is CHROME!!!
2,488 Posts
We can all sit back and blame him, especially considering his employment position, that he should have known better.

To me, it sounds like he made a mistake, but then did the right thing and owned it. There is a saying about doing the right thing, even when nobody else is around. Hopefully this was the case. If it turns out he only self-reported because he was worried someone saw him, now that’s different.

Considering some of the dumb things I’ve done in my life, when I should have known better, I will refrain from judging him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
He should have done his homework. Knowing what seasons are open and in what areas is important.

Although, I've had that same moment of, "Is it even opening day? Am I in the right spot? I haven't seen any rigs and haven't heard any shots!"

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
We can all sit back and blame him, especially considering his employment position, that he should have known better.

To me, it sounds like he made a mistake, but then did the right thing and owned it. There is a saying about doing the right thing, even when nobody else is around. Hopefully this was the case. If it turns out he only self-reported because he was worried someone saw him, now that’s different.

Considering some of the dumb things I’ve done in my life, when I should have known better, I will refrain from judging him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree.

He probably should have been more diligent about knowing where he was, and what was and wasn't open.

If it turns out that he self reported with out any fear of being caught then let it play out and if he takes his medicine like a man. Then all is good.

With that being said, no need to throw the book at the guy. No need to over punish.

If he self reported because he thought he was going to get caught. Then everything after is not good.

I also agree with the article. Some one that makes an honest mistake and self reports is not a poacher. Do they need to pay a little price, of course; but no need to destroy their world.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
The old adage just because you sing in the Choir, does not mean you do not have to live by the Ten Commandments.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I am not a hunter, but I would weigh in as this being an honest mistake. Yes he does work for the agency, but our regs are a nightmare.. at least the fishing regs are.. I never have looked at hunting regs but seems that might be more confusing..

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
This isn't 'an honest mistake'. This guy is an idiot. Hunting a special late season and he didn't know the boundaries? That's a very simple and basic responsibility. Ignorance is no excuse in this case. None. And self-reported? Or self reported after realizing he'd been caught? Who knows.

·
Premium Member
22,345 Posts
Sure wish the headline were rewritten.
a) He's not Susewind, the director. Although he is a regional director, the headline leads one to believe the department director was/is guilty.
b) More important, he was not caught poaching. One rights group accused him, but he clearly self-reported almost immediately.
Internet shenanigans...

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
b) More important, he was not caught poaching. One rights group accused him, but he clearly self-reported almost immediately.
Internet shenanigans...
So he was poaching just wasn't caught because he self reported it? OK, got it................ That surely makes it all ok.........:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts