IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has eluded me for decades
I may have found the perfect winter Steelhead backpack
It’s a Titan that I got at Costco today
Looks to be perfect
Fluid Gas Font Machine Waste containment

·
Registered
234 Posts
That looks heavy and bulky and not very waterproof. It seems that it lacks that quality that river dry bags have. Namely the roll down and clip top that keeps water out.
I use a Grundens back pack. Never had any water get in it. And when it is closed it captures air so it will float if it falls into the river.
It is big enough to hold my boots and waders when rolled up as well as extra tackle and lunch.

·
Registered
39,685 Posts
I'll be blunt here. Can't imagine filling that thing with a bunch of crap you'll never need and packing it around. Learn to travel lite. Some lead, a couple of yarnie containers, swivels, leader material, needle nose pliers, bag of eggs or shrimp chunks. Everything fits in a small fanny pack. If you want some back up gear, keep it in the truck, don't carry it with you.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My bad guys
I guess I don’t know what I’m talking about here
Ya your right it’s to heavy comes in at 3.5 lbs, to big, 22” tall 12” wide 7” deep, oh ya it has a roll top with buckles, two separate water proof compartments
I hike often miles into river basins to steelhead fish
I don’t fish bridge holes by my truck

Steelhead fishing is my passion but I guess I don’t know , must just be good luck that I catch many Metal heads over 20 lbs a year
Plus I don’t fish with bait for steelhead
I’ve fished many years with a fanny pack
Completely soaking it’s contents while wading chest deep
Maybe I’ll just use use it to pack out my Elk next year
Smile Jaw Flash photography Fish Jacket
Comfort Tints and shades Automotive tire Electric blue Human leg
Product Luggage and bags Bag Material property Bicycle handlebar

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like the patagonia waterproof backpack and fanny pack. Buy once, cry once lifetime warranty will fix for free. I use the fanny pack as a sling pack. Both are waterproof zippered, chapstick keeps the zippers easy to use. They act as flotation devices if you zip air in them.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I like the patagonia waterproof backpack and fanny pack. Buy once, cry once lifetime warranty will fix for free. I use the fanny pack as a sling pack. Both are waterproof zippered, chapstick keeps the zippers easy to use. They act as flotation devices if you zip air in them.
Never buy Patagonia, unless you don’t want to fish for salmon or steelhead much longer.

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Never buy Patagonia, unless you don’t want to fish for salmon or steelhead much longer.
+1. I have a Patagonia sling pack that I bought before they went anti-hatchery. Up for sale if I don’t torch it first.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
+1. I have a Patagonia sling pack that I bought before they went anti-hatchery. Up for sale if I don’t torch it first.
Be sure and p!$$ on it before you torch it. 🥸

@Ibexfishing as long as the pack works for you, that's all that matters. I recently bought a Dryft Fishing pack that is waterproof and I love it. It's great for when walking is involved, and it can be used as a floatation device when rolled and sealed. I like a pack a can throw in the puddled floor of the drifter and not worry about it waterlogging. Let us know how this pack works out for you!

·
Registered
85 Posts
The same goes for Camelback! Sierra club supporters. If you enjoy any type of OHV. Sierra Club, Center for Biological Diversity, PEER and few other green **** groups make living closing recreation in public forests.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The same goes for Camelback! Sierra club supporters. If you enjoy any type of OHV. Sierra Club, Center for Biological Diversity, PEER and few other green **** groups make living closing recreation in public forests.
Get your facts straight. CB is NOT a donor to Sierra Club. Nope!

But these companies are among some who do.. Have fun boycotting all of these!

Among the donors to the Sierra Club Foundation in 2015 were Aveda, Craigslist Charitable Fund, REI, and Whole Foods Market. In addition, Adobe, Coca-Cola Company, Boeing, eBay, ExxonMobil, Gap, GE Foundation, Microsoft, Pepsi, Pfizer, Wells-Fargo, and Norfolk Southern matched donations.

In 2016, the PAC raised $1,264,729 and spent $836,462. It supported Hillary Clinton for president spending $24,799 on her behalf and donating $3,538 to her campaign. They also spent $42,791 against Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump.

They even support both sides of the aisle!

The organization also opposes the construction of hydroelectric dams and nuclear power generating stations, the two largest sources of zero-emission power in the United States.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts