IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rumor confirmed - they do actually EXIST.

This afternoon I found genuine California Watermelon colored KwikFish at FMS store in Delta Park, in both K15 and K14 sizes.

Stock appeared to be limited.

The really good news is we now have four more days of Columbia fishing to see if they live up to the hype.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Bob's up here in Longview got a bunch in a few weeks ago. I bought a couple K15's. They sold like hotcakes. I have the same number of takedowns with the watermellon as the rest of my Kwikies, 0. :grin: Nice looking plug though... :cool:

·
Registered
10,514 Posts
I have never seen one of these in the flesh - would love to get my hands on a few. However, the good old fickle pickle has been treating us very well this year, and those seem to be readily available at most of the stores.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I grabbed some 13's and 14's this morning. I got a K-15 from Bob's booth at the Sportsman show this year= 25# chome springer this year. :tongue:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I must be a little new to the kwickfish thing. (Not really)

What color is the wateermelon. pink and green. Please fill me in. I might have one in my box and don't even know it.

Thanks

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Got four of them this morning when I left there was one K-15 left. They had a few K-13's and K-14's.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Wright Angle!

Just to let you know.... I STILL HAVN'T FOUND ONE!! :shrug: Been looking everywhere I go. Even Cabella's catalog doesn't show 'em. Before I die.....Let's just say I'm I will eventually find one. :smile:

Full Freezer

·
Registered
662 Posts
Down to only the K-13's...........Fisherman's had about 6 left after I got my 2 (5pm tonight) Also picked up the new 50th Anniversary Abu Garcia 5500C3 for a really good price!

[ 04-30-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: chynook ]

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I've often wondered?......
Are the hot lures sold out, or, because the lures out there are the ones not on the shelf, they can't help but be the hot lure(s). Hey, they are catching the fish, right? It seems that because these lures come in every color in the rainbow and have an immense range of patterns (and every combination there of) somebody (read LJ) believes these fish are really not that discriminating when they are in their aggressive behavior of migration. I think I would agree.

IMHO, scent trail and location, as in having the lure in the strike zone, are overwhelming more important than color. And action of the lure should be right up there, too. I think color is probably the least important component. Perhaps contrasting the value (light and dark) of the colors has some sort of patterning effect, but I still say that the surface details on the body of the lure are negligible.

And the most important characteristic, as has been said on this board many, many times, wet lures catch fish.

Don't mean to throw water on the treasure hunt for CA watermelons or for Glad Clowns (which is a hot color by the way :wink: ) just wondering what you think.....

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
The watermelon is my new favorite, first day out of the box and he gets 5 pound downs!! :shocked: He is going down everytime now, O R!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
ZaQ was off the hook today with that K-15 Watermelon.
He had 5 pound downs in 2.5 hours on that thing. :shocked: :shocked: If you dont have one you better go find one! :grin:

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Shane, did you forget to put the afterhours 'spot', 'ask' and 'bid' prices in your post? :wink:

I think CA. Watermellon futures for May delivery have just taken a big jump, I'm increasing my position. :grin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts