IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasted fall this year. Really, I did.

When the silvers were in at Astoria, I wasted my time catching pinks in Puget Sound. The kids liked that.

When the silvers were in the Snohomish, I wasted my time chasing searuns. Little olive gold bullets...

When the upriver brights were coming through, I wasted time chasing late summer steelhead.

When the fall chinook came in, I wasted my time with Snoqualmie silvers.

What a waste. :wink:

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Wow Silver! I`m REALLY bummed out for you man! What a waste! :grin: Fishft.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Keta, at least you bagged salmon and halibut. I didn't tag either this year. It's all about the albacore.

My daughter tagged two nice salmon and a 'but though, so we've got some in the freezer and canned. Thank goodness SOMEONE fished for something other than TUNA!

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Not sure about that. The more I get into this the more I realize some of you wiser fisherman that have been around awhile have learned to target the good fishing away from the crowds.

For some reason you don't get as caught up in the latest fishery just because Fisherman's is having a sale on that gear and there is a report that someone somewhere caught one last week so the season officially began.

Unfortunately I haven't found enough honey hoels, so I still get caught up following the herd... :depressed:

·
Registered
16,613 Posts
Well, I got you all beat! I ain`t tagged nuttin` so far this year. :hoboy: But look out winters!! :wink: Fishft.

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter:
Not sure about that. The more I get into this the more I realize some of you wiser fisherman that have been around awhile have learned to target the good fishing away from the crowds.

Unfortunately I haven't found enough honey hoels, so I still get caught up following the herd... :depressed:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Follow the herd this year, then next year, try it two weeks earlier. That's about as much as it takes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts