IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:shrug:
Does anyone know what a Salmon only non-resident annual fishing license costs for Washington State?? Can you buy them for shorter periods of time than annually?
I have heard that you can purchase one separate from a Steelhead/punchcard combo and they thought it was pretty reasonable.

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Have not heard of a Salmon only license.

Last year the freshwater non-resident was $43.80

Not sure what this years cost is.

:smile:

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Wasington has a great deal for non-residents. I think it is the same this year. You can buy a two-day license for $8. The license is good for fresh and saltwater. No need for a salmon only license. My visiting friends and relatives have purchased the license several times.

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
You're probably right Fast Water.

The days of the food fish tag are gone. Now they are not separate. You pay for the license and tag as Fast Water mentioned and you get to fish for salmon, steelhead and trout.

I believe a saltwater license and clam tag are separate.

Oh, found my WDFW sport fishing rules.

Freswater $43.80
Saltwater $39.42
Shellfish/Seaweed $21.90
2-Day $6.57

Compare that with an Oregon non-Resident 1-Day or 2-Day license:

1-Day $8.25
2-Day $15.50

What a rip off!
Or, is Washington too cheap?

Of course you don't need a license to harvest crabs or clams (including razor's) in Oregon.

[ 04-13-2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
543 Posts
Why doesn't Washington sale a 2 day License to out of state for opening weekend of trout..

I have a yearly camping trip planned with the guys and I have to pay $45 :mad: just to fish that weekend.

I rarly fish in Washington after this one weekend. Little spending to me.. $21.75 a day to fish up there????????

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
Originally posted by ET:
Wasington has a great deal for non-residents.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I agree. I have both WA and OR freshwater licenses and I had to pay $67.00 for my out of state OR license! It's worth it because I fish with a bunch of buddies down there, but still...WOW!

- :dance: jokester

1 - 7 of 7 Posts