IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hearing these rumors from different people that there was a 9x11 bull shot this last elk season, in the coast unit. Has anyone else heard about this? It sounds like B.S. to me. I want to see a picture if this is true!

· Registered
17,248 Posts
I didn't hear of anything up in this area. Few real nice bulls taken during the first season though.

· Registered
4,953 Posts
I did hear of a monster and I think it was out of Idaho.....I think there was a picture on this board ? There is a guy here in Salem that did also take a big bull and it was in the Statesman Journel news paper a few days ago. It was taken in Colarodo and was the 2nd largest in their state history :applause:

· Registered
212 Posts
I haven't seen or herd anything of any HUGE roosevelts taken this year at all.

Except my brothers. This would be the largest bull i have seen this year so far. Don't mean there isn't any larger taken out there tho!!!...I don't think it's bs, But i would love to also see a pic as well !

See the post called Big roosevelt bulls (Our hunting sucess)

:shrug:

· Registered
17,248 Posts
Well, I may have spoke too soon. Unfortunately, from the stories that I am hearing, this bull should have a * by it. :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy:

Second season Saddle Mt. up Rock Creek, 9X11, the rumor is this is this persons, third bull for the year! :shrug: :shrug:

· Registered
8,677 Posts
Well, I may have spoke too soon. Unfortunately, from the stories that I am hearing, this bull should have a * by it. :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy: :hoboy:

Second season Saddle Mt. up Rock Creek, 9X11, the rumor is this is this persons, third bull for the year! :shrug: :shrug:
How did you hear that?? Darn poachers

· Registered
6,718 Posts
I have pics of a BIG bull(high 300's) killed in the Powers unit during archery season, but it doesn't have that many points. Just a scrawny 6x7 give or take!

sp

· Registered
20 Posts
A kid in the Forest Grove area got a 9*10 in the saddle mountain unit. This is his first bull, he was out hunting with his dad and got this monster. Going to be pretty hard to beat that. One of the guys in my hunting party has seen the horns.

· Registered
1,705 Posts
Man, I'd like to see that bull! I knew of a 7x8 down in Stott Mtn. but to my knowledge he survived the season. Was seen during archery season and "disappeared" soon after that. I've got a picture of him and a shed from two seasons ago off of him..... he is a pig too.

Screamin' bulls: you guys have sheds as well off that bull your brother shot?!?!? That would be neat to see those side by side with the rack.

From the land of Big Sticks,

Osulogger

· Registered
1,058 Posts
A kid in the Forest Grove area got a 9*10 in the saddle mountain unit. This is his first bull, he was out hunting with his dad and got this monster. Going to be pretty hard to beat that. One of the guys in my hunting party has seen the horns.
My daughter also heard about this kids bull, I guess its a brute of a bull, It sure sounds like it

· Registered
17,248 Posts
I have not got a good confirmation on this, "so this is just a rumor", the two sources that I have talked to said this person is bragging about it. Two different stories, one involves a bull being shot by this person during the first season and then two bulls during the second, the 9X11 being one of them. The second story involves a similar story with the exception that one of the bulls was actually taken out of season, either before the first or in between the seasons, I would think the in between is the logical choice, you know the preseason scouting with a rifle thing.

All I know is that even the local outlaws are mad about this, so what goes around will probably come around for this individual. Sometimes there is poetic justice!

Who's tag is on it, I don't have a clue, but I suspicion not the individual who took it. That's always the part that makes me laugh, they get the biggest bull of their lives yet they don't have their tag on it.

· Registered
13,100 Posts
I have heard a few of the rumors about illegal elk being killed this season. Gammies are onto him, got him for one bull out of season but he really had 2 of them in the cooler from out of season. Just a matter of time and he will feel all the pain. :wink:

Both shot behind locked gates while working in the area, both out of season, both times he had witnesses (coworkers). I guess the coworker wanted the $500 more than they wanted his friendship. :applause: :applause:

Lets hope the guy who shot the 9 x 11 is like the rest of the crooks, more pride than filter on his mouth, and talks himself right into a ticket. :cheers:

· Registered
212 Posts
I have pics of a BIG bull(high 300's) killed in the Powers unit during archery season, but it doesn't have that many points. Just a scrawny 6x7 give or take! sp

390 gross Roosevelt, nets in the 380s. its a monster 6x7.
HAHA Ya he's just a baby huh Ron ?...haha ya right!

You must not have gotten my private message on bowsite huh, Ron ?

And thanks a lot for all the compliments guys!!

My brothers bull!! Both damn nice Roosevelts! My brothers scores 320 and had some deductions!

Who are you slaveforchrome , on bowsite ??...Thanks for the kind coments!

OSU yeah we have shed's /Shed from the bull my brother shot.
:shocked:
Josh

· Registered
11,750 Posts
I have pics of a BIG bull(high 300's) killed in the Powers unit during archery season, but it doesn't have that many points. Just a scrawny 6x7 give or take! sp

390 gross Roosevelt, nets in the 380s. its a monster 6x7.
Rumor has it that bull will take the oregon bow record and p&y record as well The p&y record is only 367.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.