IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just another dead fish picture! :smile:

I'm happy happy!

and Kilchis is even happier! He's so proud of Mom!

Fished Nehalem with 500 of our closest friends. I was pretty disturbed by the lack of boater courtesy today. :depressed: People, even guides, blasting by you at 40, less than 20 feet away. Guys, some of these boaters out there are in small crafts, and you can swamp them! I was REALLY surprised by one guide I knew, who actually waved as he went by like this. Bill just shook his head. We were pretty focused on this, because so many people had done this today. Slow down! Leave a wide birth between you and fishermen. It's just common courtesy!

Anyway, that off my chest... Bill and I fished for a long time in the morning with spinners, Kwikfish, even stopped and threw spinners at the jumping silvers... Nuttin.

Finally put on some herring, (real old salted stuff!) and whammed two right away! Bill let his go, because he was dying to use his new hook out tool! :smile: Can you believe that?

Anyway, turned out to be a very fine day on the river. Crowded, but pleasant!

Both of the fish were fresh in, with sea lice. Both caught on herring dipped in Marie's special shrimp scent, 4 ounce lead droppers, fished off the bottom and up a crank, on the incoming tide.

They are hereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :grin:

Jen

·
Registered
344 Posts
Nice Pictures Jennie. Jordan caught a 25lb Hen on Friday above Roy Creek. It still had decent color to it. Hope you keep catching fish!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
I knew you were up to no good with that catchy caption. :grin:

Congrads on the nice fish. Sorry to here about the lack of courtesy/edicut.

Dan

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
just as a reminder.. it states in the oregon state marine board rule book, "if you swamp or capsize someone elses boat no matter how small you are LIABLE and can be SUED FOR DAMAGES" :depressed: . so think about that next time you rip past someone.
. nuff said. nice fish jennie .. congrats. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Nice Report Jen, :cheers:

Looks like salmon bits for dinner tonight!

I can taste it now...yuuum yuuummm Good!

Nice picture of you and Kilchis too! Way Cute!

Marie

:smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Originally posted by Chacal:
So is that a buck or a hen?

Chacal
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">My money is on BUCK!
Nice fish Jen! BTW I posted the cool photo link to a site that I'm a mod on, and it's had over 20 replies, dont know what's the deal here. Nice Pix.

[ 09-28-2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: Chinookster ]

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Buck.
Oh does it ever taste good! :smile:

:)MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM:)

Just printed out 5 cents recipe for smoked for the rest!

Thanks, 5!
J

·
Registered
352 Posts
Glad you didn't get bucked out of your boat today with the uncourtious boaters. On a positive note, great job on the fishies. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Did you get the clam chowder recipe I emailed you Jen? See you on the river............Bobber Down

·
Registered
352 Posts
Marie as always it was nice seeing you today. Thanks for your expertise on the hot scent.
I e-mailed you the chowder recipe as requested. Jen said it was a good one, but didn't have the recipe. It was on the net..........Bobber Down

·
Registered
493 Posts
Nice fish fo' sure. Keep in mind that boats create smaller wakes when on plane. I don't like sleds on rivers anyway, but I always prefer when they go by at speed. It's less wake and they're out of the way quicker.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Hi Jenny,

Beautiful fish.

Meanwhile, I fished Nehalem on Saturday and Sunday and was struck by unusually (for Nehalem) rude boaters. People were blasting through the 5MPH passaged at Wheeler and between the 101 bridge and Nehalem.

I was reassured by pleasant conversations with proper fishers sharing techniques if they had been successful or humor if they had not.

The big tides over the weekend were amazing - fishing near Nehalem was like fishing the Jaws. And at high slack the Bay was really really full.

Kind regards,

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I realize that. Still, 20 feet away is too close to rip by in between two fishers. There was plenty of room to do leave a wide birth on the other side of the river.
Bill thought he wanted to make sure people realized he had a limit. :smile: Oh brother!

Beat my chest!
I have a limit! I get really tired of that. A friend of mine was saying it gets so old that it makes him want to fish a quiet stream with no one around, and with fewer, smaller fish, just to escape egos. I agree, at times.

Still, out fishing today was overall a blast. Plenty of courteous, friendly fishers to make up for the few who have no manners.

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LOL... Got the chowder recipe. It's my ex husband's recipe from his restaurant in Astoria! I have that somewhere in our old recipe files, I'm sure! :smile:

Marie, here is the recipe for 5 cents smoked salmon:

Click here!

·
Registered
733 Posts
NOW THATS A DISTURBING PICTURE... :smile:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts