IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new roof and my budget is anorexic. Looking for composition roofing material, sheething, and felt. Anyone work at Malarky roofing that can get a discount? Anybody have some surplus materials or information where I can find a good deal. Needing 22 sq of shingles, 69 sheets of 3\8 to 1/2 OSB or Ply, 11 rolls of felt. Can anyone :help:.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Shurway sells 3 tab for about $13 - $14 a square I was told, they are seconds but most of the seconds are due to color variation. They dont come bundled or with a warranty. But the price is right. They also have archt. roofing

I have never used them, but a guy at work has and says he had to only toss a few of them.

Nice to see you post Greg

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
Shurway sells 3 tab for about $13 - $14 a square I was told, they are seconds but most of the seconds are due to color variation. They dont come bundled or with a warranty. But the price is right. They also have archt. roofing

I have never used them, but a guy at work has and says he had to only toss a few of them.

Nice to see you post Greg
I've used the shurway owens corning 2'nds & they had no color problems except at the color change which you can still use for starters & bleeders, but you have to look at 'em for other defects such as the roll splice coming apart or the granules being loose or no sand on the back or sealant on the glue line. If you buy about 15% more than your roof measures you should be able to cull enough to come out just fine & still save some $$$$.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys....and Firedog also who PM'd the same great lead.:bowdown:

Lowes has 7/16 OSB at less than 6.50 a sheet so I'll just pick up the felt @ the same time.

My incorrectly installed metal roof is only 5yrs old so I didn't anticipate this expense. I hate chasing leaks though so off it comes.

Ya Roy, it's been a very long time since I posted. I have not wet a line in over a year. I think my last fishing adventure was TUNA with Mike. A fun but pretty unproductive trip. This is the first year I've opted not to buy a license since I was old enough to require one..and I started fishing the creek behind my house since before I could bait my own hook.

Sold all three boats and a bunch of gear (planned to sell it all) before my brother set me down and talked some sense into me. So I still own enough gear to fund my retiremnet if I decide to sell later.:bigshock:

Who knows maybe I'll be ready in March to target some lings if I can beg a place on deck with someone. :shrug:

Thanks again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts