IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,436 Posts
I have to wonder if Elon Musk is developing the self-ketchuping french fry to eliminate the need for ketchup packets. Will California subsidize it?
Well, I seem to remember some stuff called Electric Kool-Aid way back in the mid 60's, maybe they can make electric catsup/ketchup. 🤷‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: happybrew

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't like all the over reach that's taking place, but what's the issue with asking for the condiments you want to go with your food, I usually don't use many and throw all the packets away. Often I get over a dozen packets of condiments for a small item. Once from Taco Bell I received a large amount of hot sauce for a single hard shell taco order, a quick snack with 50 hot sauce packages, yup counted all of them when I got home to showed my wife in amazement. If it cuts down on waste just order the condiments you are going to use.

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Too funny. My daughter just told me while trick-or-treating this year she went to one house that had a basket set out for kids to help themselves. She said it had some ketchup packages. So if you get more condiment packs than you use, save them for the kiddies next Halloween.

·
Registered
14,248 Posts
I'd much rather ask for packages than have open table condiments ever since I watched a tableful of undisciplined heathens licking the tops of everything on the table. And the parents doing nothing to stop it.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I like the way food tastes. Therefore, NO KATCHUP! Ever. I do like ranch, fry sause, thousand island type spreads, and even honey mustard with french fries etc. But I already have to ask and pay extra for that anyway. No real issue for me. But I still don't like the over reach. Seems like our elected leaders spend all their time focusing on the little things like this simply because it makes them look busy.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
People...

Scene 1---> I said Hi to them while walking past their front door....they were angry 'how dare you say hi to me'.

Scene 2---> I didn't said Hi to them while walking past their front door...they were angry 'how dare I didn't said hi to them'.

Amazing...who would know that sauce packet would be so important...

People.....

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
In college I managed a fast-food restaurant. People in a hurry might forget the ketchup and be bummed, not what I wanted when they left the establishment. On the other hand, I didn't want workers stuffing an expense into all the bags. And so, I coached the staff to always ask if customers wanted ketchup for to-go or drive-through orders. They would then place a specified amount in the bag based on the size and number of french fry orders unless the customer wanted a lot of packets. Both problems solved. But now managers don't care and workers want professional level wages for an entry level job without putting in the effort to actually do the job right. My last order at a popular burger chain there was a different burger inside the box labeled with my correct order, than the one I actually ordered. I didn't discover until I got home despite checking my order before I drove off. My last online order at a popular Asian fast service chain took 40 minutes longer than the cars driving up to the speaker to order after I had to pull forward and park, and there was no apology for it. All they needed to do was scoop the food into the box and give it to me, and there was no way it took 40 minutes to cook the one item on my order they were out of when I got to the window. I would have driven off if the order were not already paid for. There is something wrong when workers demand premium wages to screw up my order. If a state legislature wants to address a problem in the restaurant industry, they should start with penalties for messing up people's orders, not ketchup packets.

·
Registered
39,990 Posts
Happybrew: I once ordered some breakfast item at the McD's in Baker and got a Big Mac. The lady who took my order wasn't paying the slightest bit of attention to what I said I wanted. I was hungry so I ate it.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts