IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,436 Posts
They are not banning mustard and ketchup packets they are banning giving them to you if you don't ask. Want them? Ask for them. The very few times I eat out at fast food haven't given them unless I ask for years now. It really isn't worth the angst, guys.

·
Super Moderator
9,205 Posts
They are not banning mustard and ketchup packets they are banning giving them to you if you don't ask. Want them? Ask for them. The very few times I eat out at fast food haven't given them unless I ask for years now. It really isn't worth the angst, guys.
It may be a matter of principle that is cause of any angst…

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hierarchy of Condoments

Ketchup

1)Heinz
2)Del Monte or Hunts 😳😂🤔

Mustard

Frenchs or Heinz

Heinz wins on ham in mornings at restaurant,kinda good on Burgers

Mayonnaise

1)Bestfoods

2)Don’t know any others 😂

We are faced with some serious Dilemmas 😳🌭🥩🤔
#1 SRIRACHA!! Say ketchup is better and I'm squirting some in your eye!:ROFLMAO:

SRIRACHA mixed with ketchup is the bomb!

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
If a fast food joint decides to not automatically throw in a few packets of red stuff with a french fry order, no issue. Government issuing a law (ordinance) preventing them from doing so and threatening a fine if they do is a whole 'nuther issue. Some folks may actually like the bear hug smothering to feel safe and protected. Others may feel differently and it raises the question, is there anything so trifling that government won't insert themselves into controlling a person's life? I'm not a particularly smart person but can come up with three or four things that deserves attention of more significance than ketchup and mustard packs. But, they won't be addressed. No time left on their schedule. However, it's only 6 weeks or so until Oregon goes back into session and how goes California so goes Oregon. I'd bet it comes up. Any takers?

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Ketchup rarely makes anything more tasty, anything good is better without it. That bright yellow mustard they always push on you is an abomination to real mustard. The waste of fast food just throwing those little packages of crap in my bag always annoyed me. When they do, I usually just open the window of my car and throw them out in the street. Sure the Gubment calls that littering, bit I don't need them telling me what to do.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,436 Posts
It may be a matter of principle that is cause of any angst…
I sincerely hope you threw the back of your hand across your forehead when you clicked the "Post reply" button. ;)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
In wondering whether I should be outraged or not, I looked up the actual bill. I don't care about ketchup or mustard packets. But if they go after my salsa or my ranch dressing there's going to be a problem. Sure enough, Bill Text - AB-1276 Single-use foodware accessories and standard condiments. (ca.gov) "“Standard condiment” means relishes, spices, sauces, confections, or seasonings that require no additional preparation and that are usually used on a food item after preparation, including ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, soy sauce, hot sauce, salsa, salt, pepper, sugar, and sugar substitutes." And so yes, they are going after ranch dressing and salsa as well. Now I am outraged. Excuse me now, while I take to Twitter and inflict my anguish upon the world....

Okay, I'm back. In reading further: " This chapter does not apply to any of the following: (a) Correctional institutions, which has the same meaning as in Section 7502 of the Penal Code." So prison inmates can get unlimited condiments without having to ask for them, but we law abiding citizens must suffer. You read that correctly. Prisoners have more rights to condiments than productive members of society. This is bass-ackwards. If I rob a bank and shoot my way out, killing dozens of innocent people, then litter on the sidewalk and use hate speech towards the arresting officers as I am arrested I get rewarded with unlimited access to ketchup. Unreal.

Public school cafeterias are specifically exempted. No doubt this is a concession to the political power of the Teacher's Union. They think they are above the rest of us with their fancy educations and teaching licenses and unlimited access to condiments without asking for them. California teachers can get all the ketchup they want, and extra to take home with them just for showing up without being held accountable for test scores, reading ability, and graduation rates. Johnny can't read and he gets beat up daily by the local street gang, but Johnny's teacher can have handfuls of condiment packages shoved at her by overweight lunch ladies. I'm never moving to California even if they stop being communist and housing prices become affordable.

·
Registered
7,546 Posts
Ifish at its finest grumpy old men complaining about condiment laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Unfortunately, we haven't heard much from the Ketchup Advisory Board on this issue.

Let's just remember the good times, people.

These are the good years, in the golden sun
A new day is dawning, a new life has begun
Love is flowing, like ketchup on a bun.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Unfortunately, we haven't heard much from the Ketchup Advisory Board on this issue.

Let's just remember the good times, people.

These are the good years, in the golden sun
A new day is dawning, a new life has begun
Love is flowing, like ketchup on a bun.
Clearly, we have reached and surpassed peak ketchup and are now in the rationing phase. The ketchup wells are going dry, and the California legislature in its wisdom in ensuring the supply lasts as long as possible. Think of the valuable ketchup packets lost underneath car floor mats and in cup holders. Just last week I took the kids to Pig n' Pancake in Newport on a trip to go crabbing and the ketchup bottle at our table was on its last dregs. We will be telling our grandchildren about the days when we could put ketchup on our 100% beef hamburgers, and they will bite into their dry veggie burgers with no condiments and have no idea what we are talking about.

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Clearly, we have reached and surpassed peak ketchup and are now in the rationing phase. The ketchup wells are going dry, and the California legislature in its wisdom in ensuring the supply lasts as long as possible. Think of the valuable ketchup packets lost underneath car floor mats and in cup holders. Just last week I took the kids to Pig n' Pancake in Newport on a trip to go crabbing and the ketchup bottle at our table was on its last dregs. We will be telling our grandchildren about the days when we could put ketchup on our 100% beef hamburgers, and they will bite into their dry veggie burgers with no condiments and have no idea what we are talking about.
Well played! (y)

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
I have to wonder if Elon Musk is developing the self-ketchuping french fry to eliminate the need for ketchup packets. Will California subsidize it?

41 - 60 of 70 Posts