IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In LA it will soon be against the law to provide customers with ketchup or mustard unless they ask for it. Part of the climate change response.

"The new ordinance will forbid restaurants with 26 or more employees from handing out ketchup and mustard packets without customers requesting them. The ordinance will apply to all restaurants by April 2022."

In June a similar ban will go statewide as an addition to the existing straw ban.

·
Registered
5,812 Posts
I think it is actually a good ruling. Not necessarily the way they are done these days. But seems as if I do the drive through, I end up with packets I have no use for.
Not wanting to be argumentative, but do you really think this ordinance is a "good thing"?

All I would like to point out is, I am not on board with the thought that there's an ordinance that tells me I can't hand out ketchup, or mustard or horseradish, or whatever.

Seems ridiculous to me and a major overreach of authority. I guess I'm more curious as to why I'm not so surprised.

The times we live in. Makes me nervous.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like its just packets or things that create waste and will likely only effect gas stations. Also LA is the last place I'd get a gas station hot dog, there is so much good, inexpensive Mexican food it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Now if they did this up north we'd have a problem! My glovebox is full of packets I stock up on for when I'm camping and fishing. I've got relish, mustard, mayo, and ketchup on my glovebox as we speak, just need fire for the dogs/sausage and a bun.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Sounds like a place I should never visit.

People have lost their minds.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
Its Kalifornia the land of lunacy and all kinds of craziness. They have lost more than their minds. They (not all) thank god live in an alternate Universe. They have been drinking the bad kool aid for years. Next thing they will have is Ketchup and Mustard cops. Oh wait all there cops are laid off or leaving to the bizarre mask and vaccination mandates. Kalifornia can’t suck enough. They are in it deep now.😬😲🤣

Reactions: joeer77

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Sounds like its just packets or things that create waste and will likely only effect gas stations. Also LA is the last place I'd get a gas station hot dog, there is so much good, inexpensive Mexican food it wouldn't bother me one bit.

Now if they did this up north we'd have a problem! My glovebox is full of packets I stock up on for when I'm camping and fishing. I've got relish, mustard, mayo, and ketchup on my glovebox as we speak, just need fire for the dogs/sausage and a bun.
You can still just ask for them (even extra ones) and stock them up. Not a problem.

·
Premium Member
19,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
At least they aren't doing the Oregon model of shopping bags. Forbid them and make the store charge 5 cents to give you a paper bag instead.

·
Registered
84 Posts
At least they aren't doing the Oregon model of shopping bags. Forbid them and make the store charge 5 cents to give you a paper bag instead.
Heck, it is more in WA! But I always carry extra in my car for that purpose or various fishing purposes.

Anacrchy, yeah I'm aware they almost always provide if you ask. It's impact is minor overall. Now maybe if we policed people tossing Styrofoam and all the other BS they leave on the bank..... that stuff really grinds my gear. Usually the snaggers too, just my $0.02

·
Registered
238 Posts
The straw deal is already a pet peeve of mine, I mean are you really saving the world by handing me a stupid nasty paper straw right after you passed me an entire cup and lid made out of plastic? Why is the only part you put your mouth on what we decide to save the planet with?:mad::mad::mad:

Most places I've been to dont even hand out sauces without asking first anymore anyway. Why do we need another freaking law? Bet they waist a few million implementing this legislation while their city rots at the core.

·
Registered
7,674 Posts
I refuse to buy bags
Don’t shop very much but I will keep my cart loaded and take it to my truck

At this point more laws are just lawmakers justifying their jobs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
The bright side is they have replaced our old oregon state flower, the walmart shopping bag, with covid masks.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
It’s just basic lack of common sense. Its a commodity that there is less and less of every day. More laws? They can’t or don’t enforce half the ones we have now. These idiots walk around backwards blind because their head is stuck so far up their behind. How do these people get elected. :unsure:🇺🇲

Reactions: Sneaker

·
Banned
430 Posts
It’s just basic lack of common sense. Its a commodity that there is less and less of every day. More laws? They can’t or don’t enforce half the ones we have now. These idiots walk around backwards blind because their head is stuck so far up their behind. How do these people get elected. :unsure:🇺🇲
Absentee and mail in ballots?

1 - 20 of 70 Posts