IFish.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Coho bite is also wide open out of the CR just south between B4 and B2. Nice to hook into some bigger red meat for a change. I love the Tuna and coho but something about a nice bright nook makes me week in the knees.

B10 should be fishing pretty good after these big tide swings.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hey Chris, we thought that was you that passed by this morning. Expected you to be in the Big Blue this weekend.

My boats been sitting since May so today seemed like a good day to shake the cobwebs out and sorta start thinking about Fall Chinook fishing. Of course the numbers on the CR right now are SH, so I told myself that that was as good an excuse as any, but my blood was coursing for nooks. Anyway, the wife and I dropped into Cathedral at 7:30 am, hooked up in 20 feet of water and I tossed out an orange and flecked X4 and an irridescent pink hot shot and pretended to fish, all the while thinking Salmon and even rigging up Salmon droppers and wobbler leaders for the upcoming season. After about 90 minutes, I couldn't take it no more and had to check out some favorite Salmon haunts.

Most boats seemed to be SH fishing on the inside, but there were some folks spread about in the Salmon lanes. Everyone seemed to be enjoying their privacy so we picked out a spot we hadn't fished before but it seemed to be in the zone. After about and hour and a half I was napping in the sun on the motor box when my rod goes...ZZZZZZ and stops, then a nice steady ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. Ten minutes later a nice chrome beauty in the net.

What a bonus on a beautiful day. Here are the particulars:
5X5
50 feet
Chrome and blue Brad's Wobbler (a tried and true lure with the original blue long worn off, and the last three seasons of tape battered and torn).
BTW the water temp was 68 today on a strong tide with quite a bit of weeds from time to time.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
That is one purrty girl. Guess I dont have to ask who the call for OT was for, way to take advantage of it. Be up that way myself in a week or so.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Nice work... fer the both of ya's:applause::applause::dance::dance:...
Looks like I need to be out there!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
TB,

Congrats on the Chinook. :cheers:

How much did it weigh?

Thanks for the report.

Nathan aka Natester...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
wow....I love how you hold her with such love and lust....heheheheh...nice fishie...thanks for the pic (drooling now)......:bigshock::cheers:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Tacklebuster. I read back through your recent posts. It sure looks like you really know what you are doing. You said you were not going to fish the Columbia at all this season. Did something change your mind and is the URB run worth fishing afterall? My wife and me hired a guide so I was just hoping you would have some encouragement for us all now that you got one already. How big was that fish? It looks huge. :)

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zama,
If your going with a guide then I am sure it will be worth your time. The time limit that we have isn't worth the drive for me, especially if the run is late, etc... etc. I am sure he/she will put you guys on some fish. She was huge and due to the fact I really don't want to start a "no it isn't" series of posts... I'll keep the weight to myself but your more than welcome to guess.

Coyote one,
I wasn't at the top of BI at all.... wasn't me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts