IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I want to thank all the members of I fish who were involved with giving me information on this hunt. I hunted with a friend of mine who also got a nice 6 point. My bull was taken on the 17th. I passed a couple of bulls , but only saw one bigger about 340 350. I expected to see alot more elk - only saw about ten bulls. Heard about thirty but the brush was so thick you couldn't see one until you were right on top of them. My bull we called in on the day before with the help of another friend who came over to hunt with me while Larry took his bull to town. We called him in to about eighty yards but he wouldn't come closer. I won't shoot over fifty. So, the next day we went back to the same area where we called him. He was still there bugling away. He was about 500 yards or so. We moved toward him calling once in awhile to locate him. We came to a large opening on a ridge and called - no answer!
Oh no! -we thought he shut up. Then, across the meadow he answered. We set up and started calling. The fog was really thick and I could only see about 75 yards. I could hear him coming but couldn't see him. The anticipation was killing me! Then finally a image appeared. "He's a shooter", I thought to myself. I wanted to hold out for a bigger one but we just we were not seeing enough elk. He was coming in hard and fast. I was behind a clump of small trees with the wind in my face. Perfect! As he came into my lane, I watched my arrow disappear into him. He went about 200 yards only because he was on a dead run. He was done in about a minute. Hopefully I won't have to wait 9 more years to go on that hunt again!!Thanks again for the info guys! :what:

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
2 very nice bulls.........................:cheers::cheers::cheers::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Well, I can see WHY you wanted to pass!

(But I wudda taken him! :laugh::laugh::laugh:)

Nice Bull!:applause:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
:bigshock:HOLY MOLY!!!!:bigshock: Nice bulls! BH

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
Yup he's a shooter in my book!!! Nice looking bull, congrats.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
'bout time you gave a report! Congratulations on the brush pigs!:cheers:

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
dandy bulls, great story. glad to see you caped him out, will be a memory to last a lifetime. good work.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Nice bulls - thanks for posting.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice pics of the elk. Way to now your limit on shooting also.

Scuba

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Nice bulls, Those Are some great oregon trophys, I know a handfull of people that have drawn tags in this unit, and were too picky, and came home empty handed (are you talking about don, john deere green?)
Anyways, yes there are huge bulls in that corner of the state, but this is not Arizona, a 300 plus bull is a walhanger in my book for Oregon.

P.S I hunted that area for deer rifle season, and kept on getting sidetracked by all the elk still singing!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts