IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you asked for details and pics of my tower. I had T-Jet build in my cage during production. I sent them pictures of cages, and lights to mount on top. I have 2 combination driving/fog lights, and a spot light that can shine down into the boat, or tilt back to light up a dark ramp. As you can see they followed the lines of the top when they shaped the tubing for the tower.

I had them hinge the tower so that I could fold it forward to get into a 9 foot tall garage opening.

Here are details of the hinge and posts.

To minimize overall height, my tower must be folded forward to raise or lower my fisherman's top. Not the end of the world, but consider having more clearance so that's not an issue. Also, I wish I would have added a net holder on the side. My boat has lots of storage for rods, but a rocket launcher might be a nice addition for some of you. Good luck!

[ 07-31-2003, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

·
Registered
8,985 Posts
It looks a lot like a basketball backboard on top. :smile:

Seriously though, it looks cool.

·
Administrator
119,610 Posts
I'm especially fond of that sticker. What does that sticker say? :smile:

I'm dang proud to have an ifish sticker on that boat! Does that make it partially mine?
:smile: :smile:

Jen

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Jen,

It is part your boat. How about the loan payment part? :grin: :grin:

[ 07-31-2003, 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Red ]

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Red,

Very cool...that is sexy enough that the teens won't be embarrassed.

Mine's stainless and just a radar arch. It's been developing some cracks (fixed) but if it happens again, I'm getting a BareWest tower that looks very similar to yours.

Brion

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
I think it looks especially neat folded forward. Sort of like a big tough-dude brush guard for the boat. I think Tilla should get one for the Big Bazooba Boat. :tongue:

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Way cool!

I'm impressed with the thought and engineering that went into this project. Takes a tower to a new level

Can you give me a general idea of cost ??

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
:bowdown:
NICE very NICE I'm a wakeboarding fool myself. If it a Jet or prop? I always wondered what it would be like t be pulled behind a jet? Going to be pulled wakeboarding behind a float plane in september (Shuold be on the news) :smile:

RED if you ever get on the Multnomah channel near casselmans whorf. Look for a white Moomba ski boat Im the short fat guy :smile:

[ 08-02-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: Riverliver ]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Zaq,
What's got your panties in a wad?

Brion,
Very cool...that is sexy enough that the teens won't be embarrassed.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Fishing is a great family pastime, but the kids don't love it to the extent I do. They do love to wakeboard, and pulling them is a great way to insert myself in their world. :cool:

WLW,
Show off.....
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Quit whinnin', you best be lifting weights to practice for the anchorman job on my craft. :grin: :grin: The salmon are coming, the salmon are coming....

Pearl,
Can you give me a general idea of cost ??
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Hope you are sitting. 500 bucks. :blush: You can't touch a pre-manufactured cage for that. The best damn deal I got from T-Jet. :wink:

Riverliver,
Is it a Jet or prop? I always wondered what it would be like to be pulled behind a jet?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I test drove jets and it was apparent that the jet wash would spray the kids in the face, they like a shorter rope. There is also a lot of turbulance in the water between the wakes with a jet. So... a sterndrive it is, with a 16 degree Vee. Quiet, nice wake ( 80 gallon gas tank makes it phat when 3/4 full), comfortable ride and fast ( I'll admit that I have occasionally raced a sled back to the dock, of course they have no idea why they got their butt kicked).

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Pearl and Red,

Red's $500 is a bargain. I got a ballpark of $2K for an installed brushed aluminum BareWest and that's in the ballpark for other brands.

Brion

·
Registered
220 Posts
That's awesome...wonder if Thunder Jet would make one for my boat for that price? I don't have a TJ though, I've got a Boice.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Your right !! If they will build one for me for $500.00 I'll buy one. Heck I just spent 500.00 on new guideswear rain gear from Cabela's. Kind of puts it all in perspective......I Think ?? :shrug:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey Red, can you post pics of the light mounts? I'm really curious as how they were mounted.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Duckie,

Nothin' too fancy. A couple of horizontal plates welded into the crotches. Another plate welded out the back tubing for the dome/ back-up light.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Thanks Red. That tower really impresses me. The simplicity of the design, the good looks, the fabrication...i want one!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts