IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unscented artificial flies or lures with a single barbless hook. Does this mean you must not have
anything other than legal lures in your boat/possession while fishing or can you take all your "stuff" and just make sure you legalize it (pinch barbs, change hooks, etc.) before you use it?
Thanks, Jim

Edited:9/18/03 Thanks for all the replies- I called them today and got the same story you are all saying- but it's great to hear your first hand experience with actual game officers to back it up!

[ 09-18-2003, 04:45 PM: Message edited by: trollin4trout ]

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Pretty sure it only has to do with the gear that you are using.

During the SGR on the EF Lewis, I just pinch down the barb. But then again I've never been checked during that time.

:smile:

·
Registered
5,720 Posts
Just to be sure, I wouldn't want to take to much of a chance not having the 'proper' gear. It'd be like having lead shot in your posession while duck hunting. Not using it, but just having it. :shrug:

·
Registered
236 Posts
I have been checked several times and they are not interested in the taclke in the box, its what is tied to your line that they look at. and they look at every pole in the boat not just the one in your hand/down rigger....DJ

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
If you are fishing a selective gear rules river, I'd make sure to keep the bait out of the boat. The gamies can't write you up for having it, but they can go over everything with a fine-tooth comb if you have bait in your possession.

Hooks that are on rods that could be fished should be pinched. It's just good practice and will prevent you from wetting a hook you forgot to pinch.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I also have been checked a couple of times. All that they are interested in is the hook at the end of the line you are fishing with. I may have hundreds of untied hooks for mooching leaders and none of them are pinched.

[ 09-18-2003, 12:00 PM: Message edited by: troller ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts